Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Help me choose "Pocket Pistol"

If you absolutely insist on such a small calibre, do look for something that you can carry loaded. All this single actions don't cut it.

Viable options are:

1. CZ mod 45 / 92. Basically the same gun. DA trigger, but no sights. Sights can be added by a competent gunsmith.
    2. Beretta 21A. Same basic look as the 950, but with a DA trigger. The tip-up barrel system works well, nothing to stress about there. Just get used to a different method of loading and unloading. These come in 25ACP (6.35mm) AND .22LR. I would opt for the 22LR version. The ammo is much cheaper and available almost everywhere. Makes practise an option. The downside it the poor primer integrity of the rimfire round. Make sure you shoot out your carry ammo at short intervals. I suspect 22LR performs the same or even better than 25ACP in an attacker.
    3. If you can find a Walther TPH you are in luck. Also DA and decent quality. Some were also made in stainless.
    4. Beretta made a 32ACP (7,65mm) version of the Tomcat, which is basically the same thing as the 21A. This may be a better compromise between size and punch.
    5. Look at the Ruger LCP2. It is a very small 9mm Short.
    There may be a few others, but this may help to point you towards other options.

User

Beretta 950 or Taurus PT51. I own the latter. Carried into many places where bigger would be an issue. No malfunctions yet at somewhere between 500 and 1000 rounds so very reliable in my opinion. Carried one-up with the hammer down - spring on the firing pin keeps it where it belongs

User

I was also looking for a "pocket" type of pistol. Meaning small enough that it is super concealable and also a tool to get the lady to get more used to carrying. She is small and her pistol doesn't fit her daily activities.

I was looking for a 21A/950 and just couldn't get what I was looking for at a price I was willing to pay.

Another pistol on my (eventually) list was a Nano. And you find those type of guns only when you are not looking for them. It is way bigger than a 21A, but smaller than an APX compact. And as a bonus it is still 9mmP. Awaiting CFR though.

So, personal opinion is rather go for a 380/9mmP with 6 or 8 rounds single stack. They are a lot more concealable than a standard compact.

Sent from my BV9900E using Tapatalk

I can only comment on 2 of the pistols mentioned above.

The Nano is a brilliant little 9mm and my edc. Took some practice too become accurate as there is not a lot of real estate for grip.

Whenever I am not carrying the nano iwb, my cz92 will be in my pocket. Way better than a sharp stick and surprisingly accurate upto 5m. No malfunction or issues.

Found the 25acp mags a lot easier than extra nano mags, 25acp rounds was more difficult to get. Once I found decent Ammo, I just bought enough to ensure that I practice as well.

Mossberg MC1.

I spoke to someone who use to carry a NAA .22 Mag and now carries a Ruger LCP2.
    I was impressed with the size of the LCP2.
    I am still on the fence in terms of build quality but this is not a high volume shooter, I suppose.
    The LCP Max also makes a lot of sense.
    Check this website for comparisons:

Ruger LCP II vs Ruger LCP MAX size comparison | Handgun Hero

User

S&W Bodyguard 380.

It is a real pocket pistol iro dimensions, profile and firing mechanism. From personal experience.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    S&W Bodyguard 380.

It is a real pocket pistol iro dimensions, profile and firing mechanism. From personal experience.
    I would very much like to try one of these out.

User

Having been through this before, If I was looking at a pocket pistol for serious work for frequent carry, I'd look at one of the S&W airweights in 38spl. In terms of pistols, I did have an LCP and it worked well for that role, I didn't have any reliability issues with it. When the pocket role was no longer needed, It was later replaced with a G42 which was much easier to shoot and handles like the bigger glocks, but not what I would call a true pocket pistol.

User

Do these pistols have firing pin blocks?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast