User

Default R6 Barrel Journal Location

I’m in the process of cloning an R6 and need the barrel journals dimensions from the tip of the barrel. Since original R6 barrel is unobtainable here in the US, best is to cut down a barrel that is what is available and will be reworking a 16” barrel for this project. I just need two dimensions, one is from the barrel tip (with the flash suppressor removed) to where the gas block journal starts and where the handguard front retainer journal starts and that’s it. Thank you for any assistance/advice that you can provide.

User

Default Re: R6 Barrel Journal Location

Go check out this forum. I know a few guys there that did R4 and R5 clone builds using SA made parts. They had receivers made in the USA, but i can't remember what barrels they used. Try reach out to one of them. This would be a good starting point for you. I know Lcastillo and adipose did R4 and R5 builds.

https://www.uzitalk.com/forums/index...ictures.47842/

User

I already have an R5 clone since the barrel journals are identical with a Galil SAR barrel cut for a non bayonet gas block. This is an R6 I’m trying to clone.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gekishibu86 View Post
    I already have an R5 clone since the barrel journals are identical with a Galil SAR barrel cut for a non bayonet gas block. This is an R6 I’m trying to clone.
    Thank you for the clarification, but i can read.

The reason i pointed you in the direction of that forum, is because i am sure someone there has done a R6 clone that can help you in the USA. They were using a gunsmith in the USA that i am sure could be of help. I can't remember his name.