Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45
  1. #11
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bloemfontein/Molo Kenya
    Posts
    6,097

    Default Re: Snake Antivenom Shortage

    So in driving home today I heard on the news that there is no shortage and that 1000’s of doses are available and production has been ramped up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sandton
    Posts
    8,618

    Default Re: Snake Antivenom Shortage

    Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    So in driving home today I heard on the news that there is no shortage and that 1000’s of doses are available and production has been ramped up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would suggest that we have a large number of delusional medical professionals. I'm more inclined to think that the alleged minister and his 2 bit spin doctors are crock full of shit.

  3. #13
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bloemfontein/Molo Kenya
    Posts
    6,097

    Default Re: Snake Antivenom Shortage

    Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    That would suggest that we have a large number of delusional medical professionals. I'm more inclined to think that the alleged minister and his 2 bit spin doctors are crock full of shit.
    I am inclined to agree with that statement.

    But with a voter base dumb enough to believe everything our government utters is not hard to believe that lying comes very easy to them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #14

    Default Re: Snake Antivenom Shortage


  5. #15

    Default Re: Snake Antivenom Shortage

    Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Thank heavens she survived.

    This lying POS government never fails to fuck up. When I first read the original article the WHO was mentioned. As
    with everything else involving this government and the WHO you can be assured of nefarious activity.

  6. #16

    Default Re: Snake Antivenom Shortage

    I was curious and asked my local casualty how much stock they had of Polyvalent. Only one vial... Which expires in June this year. Although snake bites, venomous snake bites are extremely rare in my area; the lack of stock is very concerning.

  7. #17
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sandton
    Posts
    8,618

    Default Re: Snake Antivenom Shortage

    Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    I am inclined to agree with that statement.

    But with a voter base dumb enough to believe everything our government utters is not hard to believe that lying comes very easy to them.
    Ja, so it turns out the country isn't awash with antivenom. Who woulda guessed that could be the case. Happily the 'minister' is 'monitoring the situation'. Imagine how fucked we'd be if he wasn't doing that.

    https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/arti...-western-cape/

  8. #18

    Default Re: Snake Antivenom Shortage

    Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Ja, so it turns out the country isn't awash with antivenom. Who woulda guessed that could be the case. Happily the 'minister' is 'monitoring the situation'. Imagine how fucked we'd be if he wasn't doing that.

    https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/arti...-western-cape/
    " “The hospitals refused to give any to the vets, saying they have to keep everything they have for humans. I also couldn’t help. The dogs all passed away.”

    I spoke to my vet and he confirmed that he cannot get antivenom.

    I have kept my dogs at home the last two weekends because of the heat but the daily temperature is around 20 degrees
    the last few days. Also quite a bit if rain which makes for very unfavourable weather for snakes and other critters.

    Our antivenom stock was probably sold off to the highest bidder somewhere in the East. Perhaps
    to add flavour to bat soup.

  9. #19

  10. #20
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vuil Driehoek
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,690

    Default Re: Snake Antivenom Shortage


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •