Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Stubborn surpressor

I use graphite oil. Haven't had a problem yet with my ASE Jet-Z

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    @BBCT, thanks, what you describe is a sensible engineering solution to the risk of a surpressor coming loose. I'm extremely happy with mine, but I can say with relative certainty that it's not made as high-tech as that.

Seems the copper anti-seize is the way to go.
    I actually meant to include that I use a small spot of copper-slip/anti seize on all my suppressors. Yes, in my opinion it is definitely the way to go. For me copper-slip works on all except 1 of my suppressors, but that one is a rather complicated setup and would be unreasonable to include in a normal sample.

I can no longer disassemble my Nielsen Sonic (no doubt because I didn't add any form of anti-seize on the different sections of the device), but it is easy to put on and take off the rifle, which is the join where I did use copper-slip.

User

Pirate, it’s normal, and that is about the end of the debate.
    You need not apply anything else other than elbow grease.
    I am a strong man and some days I struggle to grab the barrel with one hand and unscrew the silencer with the other, then I would grab the barrel with two hands and let my brother unscrew the silencer.

Tips, some fools grab the stock of the rifle when this happens, all they do then is apply torque to the action. Secondly, fit the suppressor on site and remove it onsite, why, you need to check the barrel for obstructions in any case, and make sure nothing fell into the suppressor on the trip, you cannot check the suppressor when it’s on the rifle because now you have to shake the whole rifle. No, I remove the bolt to check for any obstructions, then check/shake the suppressor to see if it’s clear, then I fit it.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Rather use Nickelslip. Much better in high heat applications.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2