Default Faulty second hand shotgun

Hi,

as per my other post, my Winchester shotgun has a broken weld on the slide bar, I collected it at the end of last year from a dealer ( less than 6 months ago).

I’ve shot it once, and when cleaning it I noticed the broken weld.

Should the dealer I bought it from sort it out as per the CPA?

Default Re: Faulty second hand shotgun

As per the CPA, the dealer may have the FA assessed as to the cause of the breakage and could conclude that its wear and tear

Quote Originally Posted by 30.06 View Post
    As per the CPA, the dealer may have the FA assessed as to the cause of the breakage and could conclude that its wear and tear
    thank you for the response, definitely can’t be wear and tear on my side, I’ve shot only 7 rounds through the gun since purchasing it.

Im not sure exactly if the cpa will apply, because cpa is 6 months from date of purchase. So if you take purchase then licensing into consideration, is it still l3ss than 6 months?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

I called the gun store this morning and they were happy to sort it out for me!

I live an hour and a half from the store, I went in store with the gun, they sent me to the gun smith and he silver soldered it while I waited since I stay far from them - free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahomedy13 View Post
    Im not sure exactly if the cpa will apply, because cpa is 6 months from date of purchase. So if you take purchase then licensing into consideration, is it still l3ss than 6 months?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
    if I’m not mistaken it’s from delivery, but the store I bought it from were happy to help me out.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Th93 View Post
    I called the gun store this morning and they were happy to sort it out for me!

I live an hour and a half from the store, I went in store with the gun, they sent me to the gun smith and he silver soldered it while I waited since I stay far from them - free of charge.
    Good service. Sometimes hard to find but I am glad you got sorted.