Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: New UN-backed legal recommendation calls for legalizing pedophilia

IIRC, this is the bit that casued the outrage:

“PRINCIPLE 16 – CONSENSUAL SEXUAL CONDUCT
    Moreover, sexual conduct involving persons below the domestically prescribed minimum age of consent to sex may be consensual in fact, if not in law. In this context, the enforcement of criminal law should reflect the rights and capacity of persons under 18 years of age to make decisions about engaging in consensual sexual conduct and their right to be heard in matters concerning them. Pursuant to their evolving capacities and progressive autonomy, persons under 18 years of age should participate in decisions affecting them, with due regard to their age, maturity and best interests, and with specific attention to non-discrimination guarantees.”

Quote Originally Posted by JhbBoy View Post
    IIRC, this is the bit that casued the outrage:

“PRINCIPLE 16 – CONSENSUAL SEXUAL CONDUCT
    Moreover, sexual conduct involving persons below the domestically prescribed minimum age of consent to sex may be consensual in fact, if not in law. In this context, the enforcement of criminal law should reflect the rights and capacity of persons under 18 years of age to make decisions about engaging in consensual sexual conduct and their right to be heard in matters concerning them. Pursuant to their evolving capacities and progressive autonomy, persons under 18 years of age should participate in decisions affecting them, with due regard to their age, maturity and best interests, and with specific attention to non-discrimination guarantees.”
    Whilst I concede that the wording could be a little more clear, I read this as relating to sexual conduct where BOTH (or I suppose all) participants are below the prescribed age of consent.

Decriminalising sexual conduct between late consenting late teenagers is preferable to simply lowering the age of consent for obvious reasons.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Whilst I concede that the wording could be a little more clear, I read this as relating to sexual conduct where BOTH (or I suppose all) participants are below the prescribed age of consent.

Decriminalising sexual conduct between late consenting late teenagers is preferable to simply lowering the age of consent for obvious reasons.
    I would be shocked to learn that the UN is empowering pedo predators. Shocked, I tell you...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post

This, the borderline cases, is what it is about. "Pursuant to their evolving capacities and progressive autonomy, persons under 18 years of age should participate in decisions affecting them, with due regard to their age, maturity and best interests, "

Which is a completely reasonable take and is similar to the updated laws in SA. If a country has a hard age of consent at 18, and a boy is a few months older than his long-term girlfriend, it doesn't suddenly become sexual assault after his birthday but before her 18th.

No child has progressive autonomy to give consent to sex with a teen or adult. Pedophilia is attraction to prepubescent children. If they read that report and come out with 'they said to legalize pedophilia' they're deliberately lying for political points and the clicks and shares based on outrage boners, which is to be expected from Fox.

The many US states, and a particularly high proportion of the conservative ones, allow marriage at or below the age of 16. They then allow being married as a valid defense against statutory rape. Teens are being harmed by being pressured into marriages where age of consent laws no longer apply. That's far more fucked up than the UN report.

But its not from 'lefty globalists' so we can't get riled up and call our political opponents pedophiles so it won't cause much of a stir.

https://www.unchainedatlast.org/laws...hild-marriage/

User

Click baity bullshit headlines aimed at firing up up 'outrage' is hardly the exclusive preserve of Fox. It's how most of the media makes it's money now. Any number of equally stretchy (mis)interpretations of the facts to meet a more left leaning or progressive view could be dug up in 30 seconds worth of googling. Just use 'white supremacist' or 'nazi' in your search and you should be busy for an hour.

Your political tilt whether it be to the left or right makes not a jot of difference to your propensity to kiddy fiddling, excuse making, lying, hypocrisy or any other character flaw. That stuff is more about your moral fibre and you certainly don't get that from politicians.

User

You mean MAP
    MINOR
    ATTRACTED
    PERSON

yes thats a fucking thing now, check the youtube comments on how many people defend these things that should have been buried alive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2