Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default GP CRIME PREVENTION WARDENS

I see that the crime prevention wardens are set to hit Gauteng streets tomorrow morning. Anyone knows if they'll be armed? With what if they will? IMHO, From what I saw on the internet, they don't really seem to be ready for the game.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: GP CRIME PREVENTION WARDENS

"The group comprises previously unemployed youths who have all now undergone three months of training."

Another state-funded syndicate?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

What legal standing do they have? Is one legally compelled to obey their instructions, for example?

They are peace officers from what I understand, meaning they will have power to to stop and search, issue fines and arrest.

User

Are they cheaper than police constables?

They are Section 334 peace officers. One would have to read the notice published by the minister of justice for their powers.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Seen a photo of some of them somewhere in the press yesterday. I don't like their military style uniforms, one of them poses with his sunglasses looking like a sort of war lord. Lesufis gangsters? The first lawsuits against them should be coming in this week I bet.

I remember a time when the same type of idea was implemented at some schools during Covid to supply work to individuals with no real formal training to oversee the implementation of covid protocol. It did not worked out as it should.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Our new 'Kitskonstabels'. The ANC's enforcers.

Gauteng Traffic Police spokesperson Sello Maremane said the Crime Prevention Wardens will be able to compile affidavits that can be used to prosecute offenders.
    “In other words, they will be able to present evidence in a court of law. They may be secured in terms of Section 54 as State witnesses to present evidence legally in a court of law.”
    The wardens will officially begin working on Monday throughout Gauteng.
    Last edited by Paul; 01-05-2023 at 08:41.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/arti...ts-of-gauteng/

This is going to be interesting. Is the 1 May the new 1 April ?

What exactly is a “registered weapon” ?

Between 3 and 8 months’ training. I wonder why the range of training periods.

I think the panic buttons for each and every citizen of Gauteng is such a great idea. Hmmmm, 6.2 million people in Gauteng - say R500 per GPS & SIM enabled button. The SOS buttons I’ve encountered are about R2,500, but at say R500 ea, it is only a further R3.1 billion or so. Oh, shit, there’s a problem here - the entire, current budget for fighting crime in Gauteng is R750 million. Ah, never mind, there must be some spare change in that R500 billion relief fund that was squirreled together in 2020. I know that was for fighting a plague. Crime is also a plague isn’t it ?

It’s a pity the existing police services don’t have enough vehicle resources to respond to callouts. Perhaps they are going to purchase 3,000 little sedans for R600 million for these new peace officers. Damn, that’s also going to stretch the current provincial budget too. Side note : Oooohhh, imagine who’ll get the service contracts for these vehicles? I’m just guessing about the vehicles btw, because there is no mention of how this new force are going to actually arrive on scene when a panic button is pressed.

I foresee a plague of plastic helmeted locusts like those in Lubumbashi. I’m also just speculating about the plastic helmets btw. Hmmm, there’s a thought - uniform costs too I wonder if there will be impersonators ? Nah, it’s not currently a problem with the main police force, these guys will be much more disciplined I’m sure.

Let’s see if I’m wrong - they hit the streets today.

Good luck Gauteng !

California now have "safety ambassadors" after defunding their police force:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ollywood_.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast