Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vector optics

User

Default Vector optics

I don't have any experience with the Vector range of scopes. If you could compare their Taurus range of scopes to other scopes, like for example Hawke scopes, where does it fit in quality and image wise? Hawke Vantage, Endurance or Frontier?
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

User

Default Re: Vector optics

Stay far far away! I bought one of the Everest 3-18's when they began to appear and make a name for themselves. 4 months later and the entire parallax knob sheered off. I sent it back to them, and months later received a replacement. Mounted it, and immediately under recoil the parallax would shift out of focus. Took it off, it's still in a box on my shelf.

At the Send-It ELR match I saw JD from Peregrine run a Hawke on a 375Cheytac, and it's holding up under the recoil. I'd rather go with Hawke between the two.

Last edited by pblaauw; 15-05-2023 at 08:08. Reason: spelling

User

Thanks, advice like this is what I needed

User

Also had a vector optics red dot. Could not get it to hold zero on my T56. It's currently fitted to a NERF gun in my boy's collection.

I have a taurus on my 6.5 CM. No issues so far. Shot a bit of gongs between 100 and 500m. No issues with tracking and parallax. The 2 animals I aimed it at both took a trip on the bakkie with me.

So far, so good.

Maybe the quality has improved since pblaauw bought one?

The taurus and continental ranges have the lifetime warrenty. I hope that is an indication of the quality.

User

A friend of mine bought the red dot on the first visit to the range the glass fell out sent it in for repairs came back a week later same problem

User

I have a Vector 6-24 on the 300 WM.

It has had a mixed bag of about 400 shots riding on the gun.

I am happy enough with it so that it stays on.

My main complaint, if you can call it that, will be the fine reticle. Some won't have a problem with it. Some will.

It lost zero once. On a rough bakkie ride to Hoopstad. Hit a ditch in the gravel road and everything flew everywhere. Never had that problem again.

Sent from my BV9900E using Tapatalk

User

I have a few Vector Optics sights on various guns:

1. A smaller reflex sight in a PCC. Works OK, but battery does not last, runs flat in the safe. I would not mount this on a pistol slide.
    2. Vector Optics Hugo 4-16 x scope with illuminated reticle on an accurate CZ455 .22 rifle. Works very well. Turrets track true. Very clear lenses. I like it a lot for this application.
    3. Vector Optics Everest 3-18x50 on a heavy barrelled 223. Tracks true. Lenses very clear. Some distortion around the edges. Reticle slightly too complex for my liking, especially on a SFP scope. Comes with sturdy rings, lens caps and honeycomb sunshade. Decent value for only R4.8k.
    4. Vector Optics Continental 3-18x50 FFP MRAD on a 6,5mm heavy barrelled rifle, intended for LR plinking and competition. Lots of vertical adjustment range (44 MRAD = about 140MOA). Lenses clear, except near the edges. Negative: The turret with zero-stop feature limits the vertical travel to 33 MRAD. Decent value I think.

Vector Optics have various ranges in their line up, with widely varying prices. The more affordable ranges can not be compared to their better models. Do your research.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast