Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default ITA Tactical Competency Course

I'm looking at doing the ITA Tactical Proficiency. Has anyone here done it before? I want to do it specifically because it's from the book and not some personal opinions of just about any firearm owner who became a "tactical firearms instructor" because he passed his basic competency test. As usual, opinions and comments?

The one I'm referring to is this: https://itafirearmtraining.com/train...ning/#tactical

Default Re: ITA Tactical Competency Course

I've contacted I training facility and they say this camln only be done if you have done the business and range officer's Competency. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by KM02 View Post
    I've contacted I training facility and they say this camln only be done if you have done the business and range officer's Competency. Is this correct?
    Yes,that's what I've also been told

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

What is your training goal?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    What is your training goal?
    I want to do a professional tactical training course. I've trained informally but I would like to know the tactics from the book. The main reason i want to do it is so that i can effectively do the necessary when the police are no longer there to do what they supposed to do.

User

Don't know at all ITA people, but 'tactics from the book'? There is no 'the book'. I would try to find a company with combat experience and tight connections to current special force community. They all come up with their own books.

User

I want to do a professional tactical training course. I've trained informally but I would like to know the tactics from the book. The main reason i want to do it is so that i can effectively do the necessary when the police are no longer there to do what they supposed to do.
    Do Lone Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Stevendr View Post
    Do Lone Operator
    Exactly! Something like that is what i have in mind. A few of us are planning to do it together. Problem with lone operator is its 12 months compared to a 2 week course. I prefer splitting up the different courses over a period of time and currently something tactical is on the list.

Reason I'm looking at ITA is their basic Competency manual is very informative. I want something as informative and by the book but more in the advanced/tactical line.

I don't why they won't allow me to do the course if I'm not a range officer or security guard?

I don't why they won't allow me to do the course if I'm not a range officer or security guard?
    Because that's how accredited training works.

Each unit standard builds on the ones before.

The suggestion to do Lone Operator is a good one.

If the year commitment is too much then consider seeking out training with some of the guys that present courses on the weekends.

I would start with Trauma Essentials from Deployed Concepts.

James Smart is bringing out Craig Douglas at the end of the year. Craig's ECQC is the gold standard worldwide in the 0-3m space.

Also bear in mind that you can't do "tactical", "advanced" or "ninja" training if you cannot run your guns. Most serious trainers have a progression. You have to do their level one basic class to do the racing stuff.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

My 2c is that the ITA course is aimed at getting a unit standard certification that you need in order to be allowed to do certain types of armed work. I would much sooner go somewhere that wasn't aimed at making you pass the tests for a unit standard which, if the general firearm competency ones are anything to go by are effectively a certification of incompetence.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast