Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Default Browning Double Auto Value?

H looking at buying a Browning Double Auto with one trap barrel (30 inch) and one skeet barrel (26 inch)...it has the steel receiver and is in very good condition and hasn't fired many rounds...does anyone know what they are worth?

User

Default Re: Browning Double Auto Value?

Quote Originally Posted by M80BHP View Post
    H looking at buying a Browning Double Auto with one trap barrel (30 inch) and one skeet barrel (26 inch)...it has the steel receiver and is in very good condition and hasn't fired many rounds...does anyone know what they are worth?
    https://truegunvalue.com/shotgun/bro...storical-value

WHAT IS A BROWNING DOUBLE AUTO SHOTGUN WORTH?

A BROWNING DOUBLE AUTO shotgun is currently worth an average price of $859.23 used . The 12 month average price is $859.23 used.

User

Not a thing you come across every day. Good luck with the purchase.

Only really appeals to a collector I imagine. Even the popular Auto 5 in great condition does not seem to command much. Cannot see them being worth more than about R6000.

User

Very difficult to place a "fair" value on such an unusual firearm in SA. He's probably the only person in the country that's selling one at the moment and you're going to be the only one buying one He won't have any competition from anyone else as a seller and you probably won't have any competition from anyone else as a buyer. It's going to come down to what you're willing to pay and what the seller is willing to accept. Don't pay any attention to what it's worth in the USA - that's a completely different market. Only guideline I can give is that one was sold on Classic Arms Auction no 79 on 2022/11/26 for R3250. I'd call that a steal given the amount of care, effort and engineering that went into it's construction, but that level of craftsmanship isn't appreciated for what it's worth.

Banned

That's exactly what I was thinking....

User

Quote Originally Posted by M80BHP View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking....
    Which can on occasion work to the buyers advantage. I've had sellers show me US auction site estimates on things I've been interested in and then hold firm on their price only for them to contact me weeks or months later when no other interest is forthcoming. If I were in the market for the piece I'd offer R5k and see where it went. They really are special things and they as well as their designer, Val Browning, dont get the respect they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    Very difficult to place a "fair" value on such an unusual firearm in SA. He's probably the only person in the country that's selling one at the moment and you're going to be the only one buying one He won't have any competition from anyone else as a seller and you probably won't have any competition from anyone else as a buyer. It's going to come down to what you're willing to pay and what the seller is willing to accept. Don't pay any attention to what it's worth in the USA - that's a completely different market. Only guideline I can give is that one was sold on Classic Arms Auction no 79 on 2022/11/26 for R3250. I'd call that a steal given the amount of care, effort and engineering that went into it's construction, but that level of craftsmanship isn't appreciated for what it's worth.
    Very good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    I would go with what this guy says when it comes to collectable Browning designed firearms in RSA (even if they were designed by Val and not JMB). (I might be a bigger fan...maybe...but he definitely knows way more than most).

This is a really nice looking gun, and very innovative, especially if you are into the mechanical design progression of firearms. It is right up there ITO novelty as the Remington Mod58 (the predecessor of the Mod1100 that we still see today).

Banned

Took the plunge....Agreed on a price which I thought was fair considering it has 2 barrels, now the to get it licensed....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast