Default What FULL ambi Ar15's are available locally (22LR or 223)

Good day kind folks

It will probably still be a while, but my gears are slowly turning to get myself an AR.

Now being both a southpaw and a left eye dominant (lucky me dankie tog as my right eye is kinda not so lekker lol ) I wish upon myself to be able to use it as smoothly as intended, but know that getting an AR thats a mirror of a standard AR is unlikely, PLUS I know no other south paw shooters so the "social aspect" of ambi needs to factor too.

I know I could buy some fancy ambi lowers from the States, but I'd rather not deal with imported something that says gun on it, so if I can buy it factory ambi, that would be super.

PS: I'm not cared about a forward assist, as long as it is 22LR or 223 (I know one can get the conversions for the uppers too to be able to do both, how difficult is obtaining a license that says 223/22LR ? )

Any locally available? I know I will likely pay more than an off the shelve S&W AR15, but it is what it is and this Southpaw will just have to cough up for his silly choices in the womb. If there are local available lowers that can fit something on the lower end of the budget I'm open to that to (not going to buy a Daniel Defense and still have to shell out for another (likely lower grade) lower. But if there are ambi AR's even on the upper scale of price, do let me know, keeping my options (and chequebook) open for now.

Thanks

User

Default Re: What FULL ambi Ar15's are available locally (22LR or 223)

Hmm, I am cross eyed dominant. I shoot handgun right handed but shoot long gun out of my left shoulder. I disengage all my AR's safeties with the "upper palm" of my left hand while keeping my hand on the pistol grip. Still use the charging handle with my right hand. Get yourself a "normal" AR and work from there.
    NB: if you want to ahoot a lot, rather get a 9mmP PCC (pistol caliber carbine). At the current rate I can reload 9mmP cheaper than shoot .22 Rf through my 15:22.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Hmm, I am cross eyed dominant. I shoot handgun right handed but shoot long gun out of my left shoulder. I disengage all my AR's safeties with the "upper palm" of my left hand while keeping my hand on the pistol grip. Still use the charging handle with my right hand. Get yourself a "normal" AR and work from there.
    NB: if you want to ahoot a lot, rather get a 9mmP PCC (pistol caliber carbine). At the current rate I can reload 9mmP cheaper than shoot .22 Rf through my 15:22.
    Good advice on the PCC, and if you get something like a cz scorpion, you can set the charging handle on the right of left. Everything else is ambidextrous as well

User

You don’t need to get a full-ambi AR. Save the bucks for ammo instead.

Oddly, I was watching a lefty shooter at a match this weekend and this exact discussion came up.

Speak to Gerrit-Jan at Hailstorm. He’ll tell you all you need to know on what you should do.

Shotguns are a different story though…

User

Stag Arms makes a full ambi AR, Spartan Arms used to bring them in.
    That said, Im right handed left eye dominant, Ive adapted to using a normal AR no problems.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster View Post
    Stag Arms makes a full ambi AR, Spartan Arms used to bring them in.
    That said, Im right handed left eye dominant, Ive adapted to using a normal AR no problems.
    Adapted to shooting out of the left shoulder or keeping your left eye shut?

I prefer to shoot out of my left shoulder with both eyes open, but if the need arises I can go right but have to keep left eye closed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Adapted to shooting out of the left shoulder or keeping your left eye shut?

I prefer to shoot out of my left shoulder with both eyes open, but if the need arises I can go right but have to keep left eye closed.
    Using my left shoulder.