Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    I'm hoping some milsurp pattern 2000 camo comes up for sale.

Epic hunting clothes.
    I still prefer my old Sap camo's from the eighties. Just a pity it shrunk a lot.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    They should go and have a look at https://www.lowabootsouthafrica.co.z...ting=priceDESC where the most expensive boot in the men's section (some mad mountaineering boot) is listed at R2,042.

i don't buy the idea that if you are ordering 10s of thousands of pairs of boots that you'll need to pay anything approaching retail unit cost unless you 'need' or want to. I'm sure that whatever they end up buying, it will cost a great deal more than it should and those that actually get issued will be utterly wasted the vast majority of recipients.
    Is this place legit? I paid a lot more for Lowa's.

User

Default Re: Inside the SANDF plan to spend R55,000 per soldier on new uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    I have no idea but on looking at it again the discounts look a bit deep so maybe it isn't.

User

If it’s one topic that does not surprise me much it’s the price of clothing, hell just about every plain old jacket goes over R2k, pants over 1k, shirts near 1k, and quality boots much more. Then they must also budget on the logistics which I can expect will be much more, and finding and paying for sizes that should not be in the military. I remember in my younger days I could walk into a shop and buy a year’s worth of work clothes, have them tailored and still it did not break the bank, I simply don’t have that kind of cash lying around these days.

Some prices in this debate must certainly be inflated, but then 50K sounds much to some simply because we are old :)

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Nope. Fake site that Jakobus is battling to have taken down.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Nope. Fake site that Jakobus is battling to have taken down.
    Thank you. You saved me a couple of R

User

I think the same scammers may have done a version for solovair boots. Local domain with across the board deep discounts.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Thank you. You saved me a couple of R
    Hey, dude. When I saw those prices I was onto Jakobus like a bum on a balony sandwich. Deeply disappointed, I was :-{<}
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

I think the same scammers may have done a version for solovair boots. Local domain with across the board deep discounts.
    Remarkable similarities between the Lowa fake and this one

Online shopping is not for cissies or somnambulists it seems.

User

The allocation they described was "1x bush jacket, 2x long-sleeved shirts, 2x short-sleeve shirts, 2x long pants, 1x cap, and 1x bush hat. This is together with a cold-weather coat and rain suit — though these are issued “sparingly”, Olivier says — and two pairs of boots."
    Pretty much what I was issued with as a NDP in 1988. A beret instead of a cap, and also a jersey. The "warm jas" we could only wear on guard duty or on field exercises, and we had to return that when we klaared out. That thing was sif man, especially after an opfok wearing it.

Seriously though, in any government where governance applies, for such a large procurement order, huge discounts should be at play.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2