Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    @M43, Thank you for the interesting side of your experience.
    Yeah ditto. Definitely a side we would otherwise not get to hear about.

Doesn't clear the slate but does highlight the duality of man.

Default Re: Convicted drug dealer Glenn Agliotti dies at Johannesburg hospital, police confirm

I was at school with Brett Kebble and Glen Agliotti and both sang in the school choir.
    Had some very good parties with Brett.
    Glen was a few years older than me so didn't really know him very well.
    Both highly intelligent and charismatic people.
    One never knows when and why it all goes pear shaped.

User

Default Re: Convicted drug dealer Glenn Agliotti dies at Johannesburg hospital, police confirm

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffcat View Post
    I was at school with Brett Kebble and Glen Agliotti and both sang in the school choir.
    Had some very good parties with Brett.
    Glen was a few years older than me so didn't really know him very well.
    Both highly intelligent and charismatic people.
    One never knows when and why it all goes pear shaped.
    Wow. A lot of people on this forum seem to have run into the people involved in that tragic saga in our country's history.
    Too bad this discussion isn't around a fire with coke and brandy. That would have made for an interesting evening.

Mandy Weiner has written some books about these infamous people.
    A little bit of BS she also added in here and there to sell more copies does not detract from the truth.

User

SA is a small place if you are a wit ou so people having connections to well known skelms is not surprising really. Part of my angenaaide familie were tight like tigers with the hit team side of the Kebble job. I always found it beyond hypocritical how some of them would winge about the shit going on in the country but seemed perfectly OK with the fact that their youngsters had way more money and shiny stuff than their CV's would suggest was possible and that their mates would be in the papers from time to time on murder, weapons and drug dealing charges. In another near connection, a friend of a friend ran the Kebble bar in Sandton, the Outback, for a time and he said that the family were as crooked as F from way back and that skelm deals with all sorts of skelms were regularly and fairly openly discussed. I very much doubt that Brett Keeble was some sort of crazy outlier.

Brett's brother Guy owned the Outback in Sandton.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffcat View Post
    Mandy Weiner has written some books about these infamous people.
    A little bit of BS she also added in here and there to sell more copies does not detract from the truth.
    Killing Kebble was an interesting read, just not a keeper.

The Agliotti mafia goes back some 50 plus years with one Joseph Agliotti:

https://www.news24.com/fin24/nothing-sacred-20100429

User

Quote Originally Posted by Luker View Post
    The Agliotti mafia goes back some 50 plus tears with one Joseph Agliotti:

https://www.news24.com/fin24/nothing-sacred-20100429
    Yip, apples and trees.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3