Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Posts
    2,963

    Default Re: What hunting bullet for Howa 308 20"?

    I am going to be pulling and selling my 150gr Swift Sciroccos to go over to the 150gr Safari Bullet Company. I've never had an issue or failure with the Sciroccos, it's just that the SBC is so good. The consistency and quality control is incredible
    A roaring Lion kills no game

  2. #12
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sandton
    Posts
    8,620

    Default Re: What hunting bullet for Howa 308 20"?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    I am going to be pulling and selling my 150gr Swift Sciroccos to go over to the 150gr Safari Bullet Company. I've never had an issue or failure with the Sciroccos, it's just that the SBC is so good. The consistency and quality control is incredible
    And they are made by a long time GSer. That makes them extra good. As soon as he cooks up some .277s I'll be on a batch like a fat kid on a biscuit.

  3. #13
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    3,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    I am going to be pulling and selling my 150gr Swift Sciroccos to go over to the 150gr Safari Bullet Company. I've never had an issue or failure with the Sciroccos, it's just that the SBC is so good. The consistency and quality control is incredible
    It's one option I have been patiently waiting for. And they clearly making a quality product and want to maintain this. When I enquired about 30 cal options, there was a delay due to inferior materials being provided. If the bigger bores are anything to go by, we can expect a product that has a wider velocity threshold in terms of expansion compared to monolithics, availability and a market related price.

  4. #14
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Posts
    2,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    It's one option I have been patiently waiting for. And they clearly making a quality product and want to maintain this. When I enquired about 30 cal options, there was a delay due to inferior materials being provided. If the bigger bores are anything to go by, we can expect a product that has a wider velocity threshold in terms of expansion compared to monolithics, availability and a market related price.
    I have been using the 375 and 458 cal SBC for a while now, on Buffalo, giraffe and Eland. Cannot wait for the 30cal
    A roaring Lion kills no game

  5. #15
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Northriding
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,383

    Default Re: What hunting bullet for Howa 308 20"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    It's one option I have been patiently waiting for. And they clearly making a quality product and want to maintain this. When I enquired about 30 cal options, there was a delay due to inferior materials being provided. If the bigger bores are anything to go by, we can expect a product that has a wider velocity threshold in terms of expansion compared to monolithics, availability and a market related price.
    Yip.
    Sorry about the delays guys.
    I would rather not send out a bullet than an inferior one. But good news, copper has been delivered and hopefully if Escom can keep the loadshedding at bay I can get these bullets made ….

    Here’s a teaser

    Sorry for hijacking the post



  6. #16

    Default Re: What hunting bullet for Howa 308 20"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heino13 View Post
    Federal fusion 165gr

    Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
    Also shoot the fusions but the 180gr in my Howa 20"

  7. #17
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    507

    Default Re: What hunting bullet for Howa 308 20"?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreVal View Post
    Also shoot the fusions but the 180gr in my Howa 20"
    Self loaded or bought?

    speed?

  8. #18

    Default Re: What hunting bullet for Howa 308 20"?

    Quote Originally Posted by johanvb View Post
    Self loaded or bought?

    speed?
    Bought ammo
    I have never measured speed but they are very accurate out of my rifle.

  9. #19
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    30
    Posts
    257

    Default Re: What hunting bullet for Howa 308 20"?

    There is a group on facebook called Ballistic Studies. People post all kinds of interentesing experiences with regards to bullet choices for desired terminal ballistic results. You will find some valuable info there as well.

  10. #20
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Secunda
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johanvb View Post
    Self loaded or bought?

    speed?
    I cronied factory 150gr Fusion in my 20" Tikka and measured 2890ft/s. I consider Fusion factory loads as hot...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •