User

Default Shooting groups.

Many shooters accept IMHO way inadequate accuracy standards from themselves. They want to shoot very fast and very big targets close up and then sprout some bs about how they are spreading there shots for greater ballistic effect. Bollocks your opponent is going to do lots of work spreading your shots you need to work on making sure everyone is right.

Yes the fast stuff is important but never at the expenses of good hits. Anyone who has trained with me can tell you I place an extremely high value on accuracy.

So for a drill that doesn't apper very HSLD but is very important work on shooting groups. If your training once a week (you are hey? 50 rounds a week are more valuable than 200 rounds a month) make one session a month an accuracy only session. Just work on shooting groups.
    Start off at 5m and work on groups. If five rounds aren't touching at 5 your fundamentals are flawed and you need to work on those before you start worrying about the whizz bang rolling on the floor stuff.

Then move much further out. Stick you target 25m out and preferablly shoot a bullseye style target. Work on the tightest possible groups standing on your hind legs.

What this will do is very quickly show flaws in you fundamentals that we can hide close up. Its going to make close up stuff seem much simpler. An if your ever taking fire at extended distance in the two way range you will likely not shoot back unless you have the confidence to make the shot.

Let me know how it goes.

User

Default Re: Shooting groups.

Thannks BigT, I'll put this into practice next week at the range!

Default Re: Shooting groups.

Thanks for a great post Big T!!!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"