User

Default Red Hartebeest in the Eastern Cape

Greetings from Port Elizabeth (aka Gqeberha)

My wife would dearly like to hunt a red hartebeest - ideally a representative size bull as I know she is going to want a skull mount, however I am willing to pay for a trophy animal if the price is right. None of the farms we usually hunt have any and my preliminary searches on the "interweb" have not yielded any positive results (meaning a farm offering a South African based price).

There are plenty available once you head north of the Eastern Cape, although I am hoping to find one closer to home. Preferably within, say 250km / 2.5 hours drive of PE (possibly Grahamstown, Fort Beaufort, Somerset East, Cradock, Graaff Reinet areas).

If anybody is willing to share a contact or point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Thanks

(You are welcome to send a private message)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Hunter View Post
    Greetings from Port Elizabeth (aka Gqeberha)

My wife would dearly like to hunt a red hartebeest - ideally a representative size bull as I know she is going to want a skull mount, however I am willing to pay for a trophy animal if the price is right. None of the farms we usually hunt have any and my preliminary searches on the "interweb" have not yielded any positive results (meaning a farm offering a South African based price).

There are plenty available once you head north of the Eastern Cape, although I am hoping to find one closer to home. Preferably within, say 250km / 2.5 hours drive of PE (possibly Grahamstown, Fort Beaufort, Somerset East, Cradock, Graaff Reinet areas).

If anybody is willing to share a contact or point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Thanks

(You are welcome to send a private message)
    Hi Fish Hunter

Posted below is the number of an ex Gunsite forum member who is in the area (PE) and may have the contacts for what you need.
    Treeman (his old GS handle), may be able to help you.
    Number is +27 82 414 1818
    Send him a WA or give him a call and chat further.
    His is Dave.

I checked with him first if I can post his details so he knows that you may contact.

Default Re: Red Hartebeest in the Eastern Cape

+1 Dave Treeman
    He should know where to find your hartebeest.

User

Hi Fire-stick and Spliffcat
    Thanks, I will contact Treeman.

(It is a pity Treeman is no longer on Gunsite. I enjoyed his contributions)

Default Re: Red Hartebeest in the Eastern Cape

[QUOTE=
    (It is a pity Treeman is no longer on Gunsite. I enjoyed his contributions)[/QUOTE]

Forum is not the same without him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk