Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Wearing a scarf in ID Photos for FA Licence App?

Hi All,

Two female friends recently had their FA licence applications set aside for submitting ID Photos in which they were wearing a scarf - which covers their hair, not their faces.

Friend A is a first time applicant whose application was set aside at provincial level; requesting ID Photos without a scarf.

Friend B is applying for her fourth FA, her application reached CFR, was in for Consideration and has now been set aside until she submits ID Photos without her scarf. As recently as January this year, her S13 renewal was approved using the same set of ID Photos. She received a call from the DFO's office stating that SAPS has received a new directive, instructing them to refuse FA Licence Applications to ladies wearing a scarf?

Is anybody able to shed some light on the requirements for ID photos for an FA Licence Application? Or this "New Directive"?

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: Wearing a scarf in ID Photos for FA Licence App?

Quote Originally Posted by CODENAME47 View Post
    Hi All,

Two female friends recently had their FA licence applications set aside for submitting ID Photos in which they were wearing a scarf - which covers their hair, not their faces.

Friend A is a first time applicant whose application was set aside at provincial level; requesting ID Photos without a scarf.

Friend B is applying for her fourth FA, her application reached CFR, was in for Consideration and has now been set aside until she submits ID Photos without her scarf. As recently as January this year, her S13 renewal was approved using the same set of ID Photos. She received a call from the DFO's office stating that SAPS has received a new directive, instructing them to refuse FA Licence Applications to ladies wearing a scarf?

Is anybody able to shed some light on the requirements for ID photos for an FA Licence Application? Or this "New Directive"?
    Please contact GOSA Law (law@gosa.co.za). We are dealing with a couple of these instances.

There is no Directive. The official specifications for ID photos as issued by the Dept of Home Affairs specifically allows head scarves that do not disguise facial features.

SAPS is talking kak, again...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

It seems different rules apply depending on how one is connected. Witness the photo in the fast tracked ID book of one of the Gupta's lackeys.

User

Is the head scarf for religious purposes?
    Would it be frowned upon to redo the photos without scarf?

You could probably appeal, with the assistance of GOSA or Martin Hood, but this would probably just delay the process.

SAPS is not the most logical institution.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Please contact GOSA Law (law@gosa.co.za). We are dealing with a couple of these instances.

There is no Directive. The official specifications for ID photos as issued by the Dept of Home Affairs specifically allows head scarves that do not disguise facial features.

There you go

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

The problem is the regulations specify the unconstitutional requirement for no neck coverings IIRC

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

My DFO once showed me the specs needed for application photos.

Not remembering about the hair part.

But background had to be white. And your face had to fit inside a specific circle size. As not to fit almost side to side of the photo.

I can somehow understand you need to be identifiable on your photos. So wearing a hat or scarf over large part of your head might make this difficult.

At least was stopped at Provincial. If it went to CFR before it came back it would have taken months

User

I dutifully hand in new photos with every license app but every one cames back with the same picture printed on it that I handed in for the very first white card license.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I dutifully hand in new photos with every license app but every one cames back with the same picture printed on it that I handed in for the very first white card license.
    I was told that the fingerprint too is generic, not the one you submitted.
    Can't remember if I read it here or heard it at a club shoot but taken with a pinch salt for either sources

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    I was told that the fingerprint too is generic, not the one you submitted.
    That was the old green licence cards. A female Sergeant at CFR's thumbprint graced all the old green cards.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast