User

Default Burris RT6 Blurry

Not sure if anyone else have experienced this.

But at 6X my scope is blurry on a target at 100m, I have to back it down to 4.5x for it to be clear.

Sent it in, now 20 work days later, the importer says "No Fault Found".

We even compared it in the shop with a new one and the sales guy agreed that it does seem to be the case.

Think the shop should give me a new one and then sort it out with the importer.

Not sure the Importers always have the technical knowledge to test. Maybe test it for 2 min and then make a decision.

User

Default Re: Burris RT6 Blurry

I've only experienced this with scopes at close range if you magnify too high.

I have had problems when dealing directly with importers. Probably because they prefer the item being vetted before coming to them but that doesn't seem to be the case with you.
    If it is still an option perhaps you should take it back to the shop and tell them you want a refund.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    I've only experienced this with scopes at close range if you magnify too high.

I have had problems when dealing directly with importers. Probably because they prefer the item being vetted before coming to them but that doesn't seem to be the case with you.
    If it is still an option perhaps you should take it back to the shop and tell them you want a refund.
    Yea, it seems it is the importer for sure.

I am new to rifles and scopes, but the first time I went and shot at 100m I had to back of off just slightly and thought it to be normal, but I went to an indoor range again some time after that and then noticed I have to back it down a lot more for it to be in focus.

When I went to the gun shop, at first the guy could not see it, but then we compared it and it was noticeable for sure.

They just need to come to the party, otherwise the gun shop(Large retailer) need to replace mine and sort it out with the importer. I am not going to pay what I paid and then just have to be happy with how it is.

Looked at a picture, it seems to have a parallax adjustment knob? Have you played with that?

What is blurry, the entire picture or the reticule?
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

Quote Originally Posted by ZK1 View Post
    But at 6X my scope is blurry on a target at 100m, I have to back it down to 4.5x for it to be clear.

Have you tried to correct the blurry effect by adjusting the eyepiece focusing at your distance and full zoom to possibly correct the sight picture.

A slight adjustment on the eye piece focus may be required to give you a crisp picture if you haven't tried and adjusted that yet to your distance as tested.

User

Thanks Fire-stick,

I haven't had the optic for a month now, and I have adjusted it, but I don't think I adjusted it at distance on full power, just to get the reticle to be clear as they mention in the manual.

The thing that makes me uncertain is the fact that we compared it to another one, and it did seem to be different and the fact that it seemed to have gotten worse.

But it might still be a ME problem. haha.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    Looked at a picture, it seems to have a parallax adjustment knob? Have you played with that?

What is blurry, the entire picture or the reticule?
    Andrew, it's the actual target that is blurry, so much so that I can't see any of the markings on the target, on those normal orange and black targets at 100m. If I back it down to 4.5x it becomes clear.

When I shot it the first time I had to back it down to about 5.5x at 100m for the target to be clear.

Sounds like a diopter issue. Eyepiece as fire stick mentioned. Ensure that is set properly (Youtube has plenty of how to's). Should set that to blank background, or blue sky, then focus parralax to distance required.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushcourt View Post
    Sounds like a diopter issue. Eyepiece as fire stick mentioned. Ensure that is set properly (Youtube has plenty of how to's). Should set that to blank background, or blue sky, then focus parralax to distance required.
    ^^^ This.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

Ok if all else fails and they don't replace it, I will do just that.

And now that I think about it, you might just be right. I am tracing back my steps, and when I first shot it at 100m I think I had it dialed, we then went to the range and had someone shoot my gun, and he couldn't see the reticle, so adjusted, I then obviously adjusted it for me again, but most of the shooting I did after that was close IPSC stuff and I used the red dot on 45 degree for that match I shot, so I might have not done it perfectly.

It just still bothers me that we did a comparison with a new scope and there was a difference.

Lets see.

Thanks for the advice guys.