Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Norinco Type 56... a What If Build

So I did a thing... another thing, I guess.
    Having mostly finished my current builds I was looking for something else to "tinker" with.

So a thought emerged. I'm a fairly active Escape from Tarkov player. So messing around in the gun builder I kinda built a Zenito Co, 100 Series AK 104 and a Rifle Dynamics RD704.

The idea kinda stuck, and did more reading into the AK market and a plan was hatched.

Imagine in an alternate universe SOCOM took up the AK, how would it be built? That ended up being the premise of this project.
    Ultimately I settled on a Norinco Type 56. I did look at the Saigas and in hindsight it would probably have been a better base just due to the barrel work needed.

So like any gun nut I did the most obvious thing when starting a project... I found the ACCESSORIES!
    Little did I know it would turn out to be easier than finding the actual gun for a non stupid price. I swear between Norinco shipments people loose their minds and think they have eggs, or primers even...

We will do this in reverse, cause I'm cooler than Mike Jones, and we will go Butt to Tip.

BCM Gun Fighter Stock
    BCM Carbine Buffer Tube
    BCM QD Sling Plate
    Rifle Dynamics Stock Adaptor
    US Palm AK Grip
    PSA Enhanced Safety
    Hiperfire Mk2 AK Trigger
    PSA Pin Retainer (Cause fuck that stock one is a pain in the derriere)
    US Palm Clear AK 30rnd Magazines
    BC Tactical Extended Charing Handle
    Holosun 403R
    KNS Adjustable Gas Piston
    AKM Ribbed Dust Cover (Not pictured above)
    Midwest Industries AK Alpha Picatinny Optic Mount
    Midwest Industries AK Alpha 10" Handguard
    AK 100 Series Style front sight / gas block combo with 45 deg port
    BCM KAG
    BC Tactical Muzzle Brake and 150mm Suppressor (not pictured above)
    *pictured muzzle brake was ditched as I had intended to adapt one of my 300blk devices but it was cost prohibitive

Now the parts were the fairly easy part to source just as you would guess... expensive especially considering it's going on a real Commie Shovel.
    I search for almost 3 months to find a Type 56 Fixed Stock Model that wasn't just stupid money. Eventually I got lucky and found this pristine example and snapped it up... then came the usual CFR waiting game

Until finally...

WOLVERINES!

Well that didn't last long, they just don't make communist guns like they used too.

For the work that was planned I needed to "field strip" the gun. Anyways the FCA does not allow me to alter barrel length, and maybe it's a good thing, my hacksaw blade did look a little dull.
    I had to send the gun out to get the barrel chopped down and threaded. This work was done by Precision Ballistics in an amazing turnaround time.

Once this was done the assembly could begin.

With an AK (as I'm sure most know) I needed reinstall the handguard retainer, and press and pin into place the new gas block from there you would think that's the hard part done... but no, not by a long shot.
    At least in this instance the Chinese seem to build closer to in spec guns than the Russians when compared with my Saiga 12 build.

The other parts that required hand fitting were the Stock Adaptor, Dust Cover, Safety and Handguard.
    All in all I have about 6 hours of time into fitting all the parts, so not that bad.

Here we have it... the final result, the bastard Commie / Capitalist AK.

User

Default Re: Norinco Type 56... a What If Build

Although I don't understand most of what was described, I will say this - That is one very cool looking high-speed hole punch!

User

Damn impressive!!! would you care to reveal the cost in converting the pigs ear into a silk purse?

User

Saloot

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

Very very nice indeed.

User

Very cool! That Norc can now speak capitalist imperialist pig with the best of them.

Awesome build that! Does the silencer have any effect on the reliability? And what is the barrel length?

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

User

Wow
    Impressive

User

Thanks guys, must say so far I've enjoyed this project.

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post
    Damn impressive!!! would you care to reveal the cost in converting the pigs ear into a silk purse?
    Let's just say the handguard and optic mount cost double what the gun itself cost and the barrel work cost around half of the original purchase price .
    Which is why I mentioned in the post a Short Factory Saiga would have been the better base as I could have saved on the cost of the gas block, barrel chop and threading which would have almost made up the added cost of the Saiga.

Quote Originally Posted by grasbuffel View Post
    Awesome build that! Does the silencer have any effect on the reliability? And what is the barrel length?

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk
    I haven't taken it out yet. I will do so this friday to zero and setup the gas system. I don't for see any real issues tho. I haven't measured the exact length but it is around 12.5", as it mimics the AK104 in that it's gas block then threads. The issues typically start to arise in Krink style gas systems.

User

That's a thing of beauty and a job well done.

Enjoy her!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast