Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Winchester Defender 1300 parts

I'm looking to fit some replacement parts to my Winchester Defender 1300 as part of maintaining the reliability of the weapon.

Better to replace parts before they fail or at least have spares on hand in the event of a failure, they can be swapped out without waiting for a protracted period during which the weapon is unusable.

Parts such as the firing pin spring, mag tube spring and follower, BCG (bolt carrier group) spring, and extractor claw.

Any advice on where would be the best place to start searching for such parts?

Thanks.

User

Default Re: Winchester Defender 1300 parts

I'm following. I also need to do some maintenance on mine, I have an issue with extracting a shell after every X amount of shots, but that X is a variable, and only with hotter loads. The bolt locks and refuses to open (not shell stuck in the chamber).

I was asking up here in JHB about spares for a SXP and was told a dealer will have order them from the Durban Winchester importer HJ Drinn as they dont deal direct to the public

https://www.winchesterint.com/repair...th_africa.html

User

Would most likely work for the new SXP models but I doubt this will be viable for older 1300s or 1200s.

User

@Captain-M when you track down spares, please update here as I am in the same boat or maybe we can even do a group buy?

User

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain-M View Post
    Would most likely work for the new SXP models but I doubt this will be viable for older 1300s or 1200s.
    It may still be worth a try
    Winchester lists them as their South African repair center

User

I ordered some Mossberg shotgun parts from them via one of the local gunshops as they do not deal with the public directly as mentioned. Took a few weeks but parts arrived in good order. This was a couple of years ago though.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    I ordered some Mossberg shotgun parts from them via one of the local gunshops as they do not deal with the public directly as mentioned. Took a few weeks but parts arrived in good order. This was a couple of years ago though.
    I did the same for a mossy 930 and I had the bits in hand inside a working week.

User

Thanks for the advice. I will reach out to a dealer accordingly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast