Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Availability of 12 Ga Aquila Mini or Federal Shorty 1 3/4" shotshells

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    I also have a shell with a Swartklip headstamp in my collection measuring 30mm in length but I suspect it is a blank of some sort or maybe an engine starter as it is too light to have any shot in it.
    These were blanks and loaded with black powder. Do observe a proper black powder cleaning routine when playing with these.

User

Default Re: Availability of 12 Ga Aquila Mini or Federal Shorty 1 3/4" shotshells

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    Short shells have been available here in the past. The SA designed MAG-7 shotgun used shells about 60mm long and the ammo certainly was available but it isn't exactly something you'd get on the shelf at your LGS now. Maybe some gunshop somewhere has old stock that they don't bother to advertise?

I also have a shell with a Swartklip headstamp in my collection measuring 30mm in length but I suspect it is a blank of some sort or maybe an engine starter as it is too light to have any shot in it.
    ..... and on re-reading my post I realise I forgot to mention that those 60mm cartridges were manufactured by Swartklip.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    These were blanks and loaded with black powder. Do observe a proper black powder cleaning routine when playing with these.
    Noted!

Same applies to the "Thundershot" cartridges that surface from time to time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2