Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Revolver speed strips

Anyone know who stock revolver speed strips locally?

Default Re: Revolver speed strips

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    Thanks, I ordered it from them.

User

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Pity it is a dot com. I like a lot. Seems to be the perfect middle ground between speed loader and speed strip. No bulky round thing to carry around and no loading two rounds at a time like with speed strips (where it is easy enough to teach yourself how to load two rounds at a time manually anyway).

User

Having a sum total of an hour of messing with speed loaders and none with strips my opinion is worthless. With that caveat I think it looks like it's better than either. Carries dead flat and releases with a pull.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Having a sum total of an hour of messing with speed loaders and none with strips my opinion is worthless. With that caveat I think it looks like it's better than either. Carries dead flat and releases with a pull.
    I recently watched a review on these. Apparently you have to carry it in the leather pouch, can't carry it in your pocket because it will fold up. Pretty cool tech though.

User

Quote Originally Posted by NAZM357 View Post
    I recently watched a review on these. Apparently you have to carry it in the leather pouch, can't carry it in your pocket because it will fold up. Pretty cool tech though.
    I'm thinking that a kydex carrier could easily be whipped up that would be even less bulky and could mount with a clip or jhook like a mag carrier.

I've seen a review of that "pull handle" speed strip. Looks quite impressive but I'm cagey of anything that requires a smart rotational pull of a rollie cylinder with the ammo poking halfway out. Let's face it, the big disadvantage of rollies, possibly a fatal one, is limited capacity and slow reloading even with a speed loader. I suppose its my bad luck that I like carrying my Model 67 because I shoot it better than my Sig, perhaps because its steadier being heavier. Anyhow, I have an HKS speed loader. It is circular. The new ones are hexagonal, presumably because the round ones can get obstructed by the gun frame and the hex flats provide a bit more clearance. But the biggest problem which I hope we all know, is that SWC shoulders obstruct smooth chambering all too easily. I get around that by loading the gun with wadcutters but the speed loader with a 130 grain 9mm conical that has a 6mm diameter meplat and casts big enough for 38Spl. Final thing is a full roll crimp. 130 Grains is a tad light but any difference in point of aim is academic at SD ranges, and loading is smooth compared with SWC. But I think I'll file six flats on the speed loader.

User

I am with Dick here regarding reloading options. Speedstrips are the most convenient but slower than speedloaders. My experience is the shorter the round the easier they both work, consider carrying .38sp SD rounds if you don’t ryo carry ammo, the 3 odd mm difference does help. Did someone mention keeping those cylinders mirror clean…..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast