Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Raptortac.co.za alternative contact details please (I think I got scammed).

Hi all,

Purchased gear from Chris at Raptortactical.co.za in August this year. My order never got shipped. When he finally did ship something it was the wrong order. I sent it back and asked for the correct product to be shipped or he should refund me. Since then I have been dangled on a line to end of October, now no contact at all. His number and e-mail address is non-responsive. Social media pages has also been removed. Am I the only soul that got duped? Did I just learn a very expensive lesson in vetting a dude first before buying? Last I heard he was moving to the Western Cape. Anybody got alternative contact details? I would like to go get my money back.

Details I have:
    Number 0696538928
    Email raptortacsa@gmail.com

All help appreciated

Banned

Default Re: Raptortac.co.za alternative contact details please (I think I got scammed).

It seems as though you want to give him a WARM welcome.

User

Default Re: Raptortac.co.za alternative contact details please (I think I got scammed).

How did you pay him? Eft?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    How did you pay him? Eft?
    Jip, 12th of August. Can I still reverse it?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Jip, 12th of August. Can I still reverse it?
    Think the time has lapsed (think 48 hours). However, If you open a case of fraud the bank will have to freeze the account.

User

Try this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

What was the website? The domain raptortactical.co.za was never registered.

User

I get no hits publicly for either of the numbers, or the email address. If I search for Raptor Tactical I get a security company in Pretoria, but not with that info, and they're in deregistration. RaptorTacSA and Raptor Tactical SA gives no info locally.

It seems you've been scammed, mate. The number and email address is 99% chance totally fake. The scammer's name as well. They usually take international sites that are legit and "clone" them locally so you believe them.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    What was the website? The domain raptortactical.co.za was never registered.
    Always a good idea to whois a site before you pay anything.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    They usually take international sites that are legit and "clone" them locally so you believe them.
    There has a been a rash of this over the last 6-9 months or so. One really good one I came across was a clone of the UK Solovair site. Very convincing but for the ridiculously low prices.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast