Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NAA

Default NAA

Hi all

Just wanted to get some guidance on applying for a .22lr NAA for sport shooting

What discipline can this be used for. It’s a family heirloom and I have DSS license

I already have a .22 pistol licensed also and would like to get opinions on the best way to license

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: NAA

Do we have BUG ( Backup gun) matches in SA?

User

Natshoot has an option or 2 as a discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath Robinson View Post
    Do we have BUG ( Backup gun) matches in SA?
    Yeah but not sure if such a small gun qualifies for BUG disciplines

Quote Originally Posted by flyinggun View Post
    Natshoot has an option or 2 as a discipline.
    Does this mean I need to be a Nat shoot member or can I just use their rules

User

I shoot sadpa and just checked the bug rules which don't appear to accomodate 22 pistols. I did just register for a metal mania shoot at my club and 22 pistols are accommodated so that may be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I shoot sadpa and just checked the bug rules which don't appear to accomodate 22 pistols. I did just register for a metal mania shoot at my club and 22 pistols are accommodated so that may be an option.
    Thank you very much, does that mean the mini revolver will fit the requirements

User

Quote Originally Posted by ARK View Post
    Thank you very much, does that mean the mini revolver will fit the requirements

Yes, at least as far as I can tell. 'motivations' seem to be a creative writing exercise as much as anything else though so you could probably just as well motivate your micro blaster as a backup to your other 22 pistol to cover for failures while in competition. Many people have pistols motivated for as such.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Yes, at least as far as I can tell. 'motivations' seem to be a creative writing exercise as much as anything else though so you could probably just as well motivate your micro blaster as a backup to your other 22 pistol to cover for failures while in competition. Many people have pistols motivated for as such.
    Thank you very much for this, my current .22 pistol motivation was done for my steel challenge matches so thank you for the idea of motivating for a back to that as I was under the impression I cannot motivate for 2 same calibre firearms for the same sport

User

Quote Originally Posted by ARK View Post
    Does this mean I need to be a Nat shoot member or can I just use their rulesSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If NAA must go under Dedicated, I would suggest you have proof of membership. But again, with FA being approved even without endorsements, anything seems possible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast