Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    User

Default Re: Advice on arrest for speeding

Lesson learnt.

The R5k may be painful. If so, it will help to remind him to pay attention.

When I was younger, I also liked to see how fast things could go. Lots of testosterone and very little brains may have contributed too.

I may be getting old, according to my kids anyway, but my need for speed has fortunately left me. Heck, I don't even load my rifles to max speed any more.

In the old days, speed limits were designed and enforced to promote safety. Nowadays it's just another revenue collection strategy...

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    This! R5k is small change to pay instead of having a criminal record.
    This is spot on.

Driving over a stop sign or red light is in excess of a R1000-00.

R5000 for this and no record on what is considered criminal speeding is a slap on the wrist and he should consider himself lucky.

As a note. He in advance knew he was going to speed the vehicle to test it in a 60 zone. So his actions was intentional. This alone could have made this much worse in this situation and would have carried for sure a criminal record.

He for sure was lucky here.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    This is spot on.

Driving over a stop sign or red light is in excess of a R1000-00.

R5000 for this and no record on what is considered criminal speeding is a slap on the wrist and he should consider himself lucky.

As a note. He in advance knew he was going to speed the vehicle to test it in a 60 zone. So his actions was intentional. This alone could have made this much worse in this situation and would have carried for sure a criminal record.

He for sure was lucky here.
    Rerig.
    Thank goodness me and the world survived me and hopefully you when we were young or younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Rerig.
    Thank goodness me and the world survived me and hopefully you when we were young or younger.
    Wait a guy want to test a vehicle for his work which has a flat spot. And makes the decision to drive the vehicle a 100km/h in a 60km/h zone.

And your OK with that?"

Really and everyone complains the state of South Africa and the lawlessness and your OK with someone intentionally doing this putting other road users lives at risk.

This is exactly what is wrong with SA when we start saying stuff like this is OK lets look the other way.

Your 55 years old and surely by now have seen what happens on our roads with accidents and people driving the way they want.

Sad when people start condoning these actions saying its ok.

God forbid a family member of yours or a friend gets hurt or injured by a driver just quickly deciding to speed at a 100kmh for work in a 60kmh zone. Hope you go to court and ask they not fine him or punish him.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Wait a guy want to test a vehicle for his work which has a flat spot. And makes the decision to drive the vehicle a 100km/h in a 60km/h zone.

And your OK with that?"

Really and everyone complains the state of South Africa and the lawlessness and your OK with someone intentionally doing this putting other road users lives at risk.

This is exactly what is wrong with SA when we start saying stuff like this is OK lets look the other way.

Your 55 years old and surely by now have seen what happens on our roads with accidents and people driving the way they want.

Sad when people start condoning these actions saying its ok.

God forbid a family member of yours or a friend gets hurt or injured by a driver just quickly deciding to speed at a 100kmh for work in a 60kmh zone. Hope you go to court and ask they not fine him or punish him.
    I don't think you'll find a word from anyone in this thread 'condoning these actions saying its ok'. On the contrary, from the OP onwards the opposite has been true. Your apparent desire to have his life permanently and negatively impacted for a stupid action that harmed no-one by getting a criminal record comes across as more than a little holier than thou. We live in a banana republic where road law is enforced pretty much only to raise revenue. What he did and will pay R5k for is what taxi drivers on my school run do every day while carrying paying passengers. The young guy getting a criminal record will have FA effect on the rate of death on the roads. Unless you are some kind of saint it's almost certain that you did something criminal when you were young dumb and full of cum.

Travelled from JHB to Hoedspruit yesterday via Belfast, Dullstroom and Lydenburg.
    All the way from Belfast to Hoedspruit there was not a single speed limit sign higher than 80. Many long stretches are now limited to 60.

Why? Because it's easier to put up a sign than to maintain the road. And in fact, many stretches of the road are actually fine.
    Speed limits in this country are a joke. There are many places whith 60 or 80km/hr limits that are perfectly safe at 100 or even 120.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6