Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Some nicely made 3D printed 12G reloading items

I came across a guy selling 3D printed reloading gear on the S&O Market app. Being light a few powder bushes for my MEC reloader and having found some files for them I contacted him and enquired.

Went to go and collect the first two test samples today and picked up some of his other clever items at the same time.

I roll crimp buck and slug loads so the hull clamp will come in very handy as my typist wrists start taking strain at anything much beyond 100.

The hull trimmer is by far the best design I've come across and makes perfectly square cuts. My janky homemade ones and the good quality but much more fiddly version I bought from ASP and reviewed here previously have just been given early retirement.

The stars of the show though are the bushes. They are a perfect fit in the charge bar and I have no reason to doubt that they will work perfectly well.

I'm glad I overcame my mistrust of 3D printed stuff as these are seriously robust items and he reckons that they can still be made more than twice as strong by increasing the infill.

http://www.bushmunki.co.za/

User

Default Re: Some nicely made 3D printed 12G reloading items

Very cool. I wish the guy success in his endeavor.
    Can you replace the blade in the hull trimmer?

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Very cool. I wish the guy success in his endeavor.
    Can you replace the blade in the hull trimmer?
    No. I have suggested an improvent to allow for that. I have small stones which will get to the edge if I ever need to sharpen it. Having said that I never needed to replace the blades in my home brew versions and the last one must have done 2k hulls.

User

The bushings are a win. They work great and with a couple of very small tweaks they will be perfect. The top flange needs to be made a hair thicker so that it can be polished down to sit flush with the surface of the bar and the angle from the barrel to the edge of the flange needs to be made less acute so there is less of a knife edge. The originals have a vertical edge parallel to the barrel of a hair under a mm. The #30 bushing threw 12 charges of S121 that had a variation of 1.1% which in shotgun reloading terms is benchrest quality.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

A friend made me a metal tube with a diameter that made a snug fit for a 12gg hull. I then placed a dowel into the hull and used a blade to cut using the tube as the measure. It was slow but I never did large numbers so it was not an issue.
    I had another tube with dimensions that allowed me to roll crimp using a hand drill.

I still have my Lee Load All Junior ( not the Load All 2) and it is more for the pleasure to reload than for cost savings, if any.
    Last edited by KK20; 10-12-2023 at 22:17.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Banned

I bought some 3d printed shotshell reloading holders (holds 25 shells) and a shot shell holder that clips to your belt (holds 8 shells) and a few other shotshell holders (was a bundel) on hunt & gun...not the greatest but they work and cheap as chips.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Quote Originally Posted by M80BHP View Post
    I bought some 3d printed shotshell reloading holders (holds 25 shells) and a shot shell holder that clips to your belt (holds 8 shells) and a few other shotshell holders (was a bundel) on hunt & gun...not the greatest but they work and cheap as chips.
    If those are your reloads you've got star crimps waxed. Mine are way shitty by comparison. Have only recently started doing them and need a bunch more practice. Roll crimps are a 1 banana exercise by comparison.

Kevin, the guy doing the powder bushings for me has taken on the feedback and with a MEC 302 chargebar as a gauge is working on adjusting the models to perfect them. Once I've tested them out I'll post details of price and charges thrown in my 600 with powders I use.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    If those are your reloads you've got star crimps waxed. Mine are way shitty by comparison. Have only recently started doing them and need a bunch more practice. Roll crimps are a 1 banana exercise by comparison.

Kevin, the guy doing the powder bushings for me has taken on the feedback and with a MEC 302 chargebar as a gauge is working on adjusting the models to perfect them. Once I've tested them out I'll post details of price and charges thrown in my 600 with powders I use.
    Thanks..those were made on my el cheepo Lee Load All (R1500)... Those are 28g (7.5), but I have made slugs on it with the 1 ounce lee slugs...Maybe Kevin could make some of those shotshell holders?....I would be interested in getting a few more. Its the slug on the left in the pic, those other slugs are too long, maybe a roll crimp would work?....

User

As much as some people like to look down on Lee stuff I've never found a product of theirs that doesn't do exactly what it says on the tin. I roll crimp for slug and buck. It's much more forgiving of shot column variations and has the benefit of making the load impossible to misidentify.

*edit* Kevin's details are in the link in the first post. Pretty sure he'd be up for making the trays if he doesn't already.

User

Here's a link to Bushmunki's (Kevin) YouTube channel that features a few of his products.

https://youtube.com/@BushMunki?si=sLTWqUnj-TsEO6Lg

Here's a link to his product catalogue via Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d5l...w?usp=drivesdk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast