Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: my collection

Default Re: my collection

Quote Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
    I think the miniature is cool as hell. I'd like to check one out in person. I've seen miniatures that are scaled down and fire proprietary calibers of scaled down ammo, but they are an oddity. Do we know if this is one of those?
    Hey Rock, AFAIK and I haven't searched it on the net, it is a miniature where all the parts were made by Uberti but assembled by an ex Uberti employee. That's what I was told. This is non firing but otherwise an exact scale down apart from the firing pin which is proportionally too short. I believe they are quite scarce but not rocking horse shit rare.

I don't know how old it is but I think around 4 - 5 years but I could be wrong. Am sure there must be quite a few over your side of the pond.

It was not cheap by our standards about $500 but there's a hell of lot of work in it. It has soul like all Colts! There are other models but I have only ever seen a Yellow Boy which was too rich for me.

See what you can find out that side. As for a swap, naaaah, I don't think so! Unless you have a Singer 1911 of course! Or a Gen I SAA, engraved and belonging to someone famous!

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
    Hey Rock, AFAIK and I haven't searched it on the net, it is a miniature where all the parts were made by Uberti but assembled by an ex Uberti employee. That's what I was told. This is non firing but otherwise an exact scale down apart from the firing pin which is proportionally too short. I believe they are quite scarce but not rocking horse shit rare.

I don't know how old it is but I think around 4 - 5 years but I could be wrong. Am sure there must be quite a few over your side of the pond.

It was not cheap by our standards about $500 but there's a hell of lot of work in it. It has soul like all Colts! There are other models but I have only ever seen a Yellow Boy which was too rich for me.

See what you can find out that side. As for a swap, naaaah, I don't think so! Unless you have a Singer 1911 of course! Or a Gen I SAA, engraved and belonging to someone famous!
    I just checked with a mag glass and underneath the cylinder pin it says A.UBERTI ITALY, don't know why I never saw it before.
    If all else fails, use a bigger mousetrap

User

I sold the singer a few weeks ago ,it was sold for more than $160.000

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

here it is

User

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

I just checked with a mag glass and underneath the cylinder pin it says A.UBERTI ITALY, don't know why I never saw it before.
    Around 1993/4 a guy walked into my shop and mentioned he had an old .45 that he brought home from the Navy in WW2, and asked what it was worth. I told him to bring it in, but that they were going for around $500, generally. He came in a few days later with his pistol belt, holster, spare mag pouch with two mags, KaBar knife and 1911A1. When the war ended he was OOD on his ship, and they told him to turn in his equipment as he had enough points and was gonna be on the next boat home. When he went to turn in his pistol belt, there was nobody there. So he rolled it up and stuffed it into his duffel and went home. Never fired the pistol because he was afraid he would get caught with Gov't property.

He was hoping to get $500 for the whole thing, but his pistol was a Singer. I showed him the Blue Book value, at the time, of $5,000 and he lmost passed out. I told him the story behind them and that he should keep it because the values were rising. He went home a happy guy.

And now, less than 20 years later, Reinhard sent me an auction for one in Belgium that sold for well over $150,000USD.

Anyway, that is my one chance so far to get a Singer. But doing the right thing made more sense to me.

User

the singer is from an auction catalog from Rock Island Arsenal, another big player is Gregg Martin Auctions, the gun was on auction in the states
    here is one you have not seen yet, I didn't had it for long,sold it a year ago

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
    Anyway, that is my one chance so far to get a Singer. But doing the right thing made more sense to me.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4