Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: HOWA 308 Silencer

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    There are no universal standard. It could be metric or imperial and usually barrel diameter dependent. AR type rifles are usually imperial but other rifles could be either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct, except for this
    Also what is the Tread of the factory threaded standard barrel ?
    Howa factory thread on standard profile barrel is 1/2'' X28, but again,always wise to check.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    I have used a CMG Recoil Reaper. It is very quiet and really takes off the recoil. It is an excellent product, but is not a reflex Suppressor so does make the rifle quite long.

I have also used Arctic Suppressors. They are about the same price as the Recoil Reaper, and also works very well.

I have not used the Warrior yet, but am very interested in trying one on my 300Win Mag as I have heard very good things.
    I have heard a few negatives around reflex suppressors, mainly that the barrel overheats/doesn't cool at the same rate as the rest of the barrel, and the difference in overall length once fitted is only an inch or two less.

Quote Originally Posted by Againstthegrains View Post
    I have heard a few negatives around reflex suppressors, mainly that the barrel overheats/doesn't cool at the same rate as the rest of the barrel, and the difference in overall length once fitted is only an inch or two less.
    This might have an effect if you shoot hundreds of rounds at a time but on a normal shooting range you don't shoot barrels to such extremes anyway.
    I haven't experienced any negatives on mine. The aluminum relays heat much quicker than the barrel steel, so it heats up quicker that limits your string of shots. With my 300win mag, the silencer causes a mirage way before the barrel is at an overheating temperature. And for hunting it's not going to make any difference.

I feel more comfortable knowing that the reflex silencer has two points of contact on the barrel, if I accidentally knock it in field or trip and fall it's probably less likely that I will damage the thread. The overall length of the gun is also a bit shorter than a non-reflex type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Update from my side, Decided on the Warrior Silencer with front brake.
    And must say very happy that I went with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2