Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Question regarding your EDC

My Sec13 (BHP) is now a safe queen or uaed at some social shoots.
    Use to edc my sec 15 (star dkl) but now i edc my Sec 16 G2C

I edc a 13 (beretta APX compact) . But if I feel fancy and opportunity presents, I love to carry the Vektor (16). Else I have the 38spl (16) when I feel like wheeling it!

User

Same as many here, I have no S13 firearm currently and carry a S16 firearm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm surprised at how many do not have S13. Always assumed you must have S13 SD firearm in order to move up.

BTW I have S13 x 1 and S16 x 3

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

When I purchased my first pistol, I was advised by a clever man to license it for intended lawful purpose, hence the section 13. If I knew what I know now, I would only have section 16 firearms licences.

User

Section 16 for me, moving the Section 13 along soon.

User

Quote Originally Posted by bluefronted View Post
    I'm surprised at how many do not have S13. Always assumed you must have S13 SD firearm in order to move up.

BTW I have S13 x 1 and S16 x 3
    I suspect you'll find that amongst people who have multiple firearms a S13 license is probably more common amongst those who already had or got guns towards the beginning of the implementation of the FCA when the lie of the land wasn't as clear. I know quite a few people who have started shooting within the last 5 or 10 years who have never had a 13.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I suspect you'll find that amongst people who have multiple firearms a S13 license is probably more common amongst those who already had or got guns towards the beginning of the implementation of the FCA when the lie of the land wasn't as clear. I know quite a few people who have started shooting within the last 5 or 10 years who have never had a 13.
    I'm one of those also. Weighed out the pros and cons and listened to some advice.

2x S16, one is an EDC during summer, the other during winter.

Have also been one of the lucky ones I guess, having been stopped by cops at various times during the day and night, and haven't had an issue relating to the section my licence is under (YET)

Sent from my SM-A346E using Tapatalk

User

Glock 19 - S13
    Glock 43X - S16

EDC the 19 (S13)

Carry the 43x (S16) as my 'wedding gun'...or all the times I have to wear formal clothes..

User

I don't know how to word this, hoping it comes across as understandable. But a genuine question nonetheless:

To start off, I am obviously aware that any licensed firearm may be used for any legal purpose.

Those who carry S15 & S16 handguns but do not have a licensed S13 handgun, in the event of a self-defence shooting, would you not have a more difficult time making your case as to why you carry a firearm every day, when you have not specifically been granted one for self defence?

Surely in the eye of the law, it would be beneficial to at least have a S13 license on your name?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast