Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Snub nose revolvers are humbling

My name's Naz and I like revolvers. For whatever reason I prefer carrying a revolver. However, the last time I shot my revolver was last September. Mostly shooting my semi autos lately, maybe 2k rounds since September.
    Took my Rossi snub .38 to the range yesterday and my groups at 6m looked like I was pattern ing a shot gun. Very humbling but also motivated me to shoot my revolvers more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Default Re: Snub nose revolvers are humbling

I used to think that my Dad's Rossi snub was a piece of shit, couldn't reliably hit a paper plate from 10m, but that was on me, not the gun.

I was gifted a blued .38 Special Rossi by a lady and started practising and reloading for it, this soon changed my perception of a snubby. My little snub is remarkably accurate and is one of my favorite handguns. I have done full score Natshoot targets with it, but it will punish you if you haven't practised in a while

*Edit: My S&W mod 19 4" is much easier to shoot

User

I'm light a wheel gun and am starting to mull the idea of getting one to play in ICORE at the club. I do a lot of DA dry fire practice with both my DA/SA pistols and have learned that it's a very different game to SAO or the nicer striker fired triggers. Hoping that it will translate nicely to the GP100 that I'm aiming to get.

User

Quote Originally Posted by NAZM357 View Post
    My name's Naz and I like revolvers. For whatever reason I prefer carrying a revolver. However, the last time I shot my revolver was last September. Mostly shooting my semi autos lately, maybe 2k rounds since September.
    Took my Rossi snub .38 to the range yesterday and my groups at 6m looked like I was pattern ing a shot gun. Very humbling but also motivated me to shoot my revolvers more.
    That would be a lekker 9 pellet double ought buck pattern ;-). I'm sure you'll tighten up on that dramatically with a bit of trigger time.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    That would be a lekker 9 pellet double ought buck pattern ;-). I'm sure you'll tighten up on that dramatically with a bit of trigger time.
    Yes,just need to practice more. I shoot double action only so like you said, different ball game to striker fired semi autos. I understand that a snub nose is not a gun to shoot groups with and will focus primarily on combat accuracy (all shots in the A at 7m for me).Get that Gp100, it's a lekker gun.

User

Nice round holes, what ammo were you using?

Its not a snubby, but I have a 4 inch .357 licence app at SAPS.
    I've never shot .357 before, so preparing myself mentally lol.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post
    I used to think that my Dad's Rossi snub was a piece of shit, couldn't reliably hit a paper plate from 10m, but that was on me, not the gun.

I was gifted a blued .38 Special Rossi by a lady and started practising and reloading for it, this soon changed my perception of a snubby. My little snub is remarkably accurate and is one of my favorite handguns. I have done full score Natshoot targets with it, but it will punish you if you haven't practised in a while

*Edit: My S&W mod 19 4" is much easier to shoot
    I’ve seen you shoot incredibly tight groups with that nothing-but-a-handheld-cylinder of yours.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Nice round holes, what ammo were you using?Its not a snubby, but I have a 4 inch .357 licence app at SAPS. I've never shot .357 before, so preparing myself mentally lol.
    Ammo was Zero mike 158gr SWC coated bullets.The more ragged holes were 125gr Zero mike 9mm bullets (don't tell the reloading police that I loaded 9mm bullets in .38 special. 😀

User

Quote Originally Posted by NAZM357 View Post
    Yes,just need to practice more.
    Would love to practice more than I am, but the price of 38 special rounds make me sad.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
    Would love to practice more than I am, but the price of 38 special rounds make me sad.
    Currently costing me R3.59 per cartridge. Using Cfe pistol powder,Fiocchi primers,zero mike bullets and brass that I bought over 15 years ago. Cost excludes brass as I don't remember what I paid.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast