User

Default Shooting Glasses

When I was a youngster of 18 and heard someone saying he is 50, I would think he is old. When my dad at the time being 68 years old would complain about using open sights. I thought he was just complaining for nothing. Alas move a good few years. And now I am 53. And currently wearing tri-focal prescription glasses.

Now I realize how wrong I was!

And the issue of prescription spectacles vs safety glasses is a reality on the range.

Have been looking at options. Amongst others Wiley X safety glasses with prescription inserts.
    1.Has anyone used them? And what is your experience re: comfort, fogging up etc.

2. I find Tri-focals a pain using my pistols and rifles using open sights. Any suggestion on lense set up? I have read placing reading side of lens at the top help. Anyone tried it?

User

Default Re: Shooting Glasses

I run a set of revision sawflys with single vision prescription insert. That works the bomb for pistol and shotty using open sights. Other than scoring on a tablet at matches being a ballache I've been very happy with the setup for years.

User

Pilla with inserts if you have deep pockets,

Oakley Flak if not.

User

Ah yes, aging eyes v front sight focus. Got a pair of safety glasses with + 1 lens which helped a bit, but blurred target. I see the glock shop here in SA has safety glasses with +1 +2 etc small inserts. Try those. Reasonably priced.