User

Default Desert Eagle Stock has landed

So apparently stock of Magnum Research Desert Eagles have landed

.50ae

Seems like they have both models, with and without muzzle breaks

Some of the pricing I have received (without/with muzzle break)
    50ae 79k / 82k
    44 77k / 80k
    .357 77k / 80k

For reference, in 2017 I was quoted 90k for a 50ae. Im surprised prices have come down

User

Default Re: Desert Eagle Stock has landed

Ouchie. For that kind of money, I would probably opt for the Laugo Alien instead

User

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post
    Ouchie. For that kind of money, I would probably opt for the Laugo Alien instead
    True - and it will be a more well used gun

The deagle is more for the cool factor
    And being brought up playing video games where this was the icon weapon, and also used in lots of movies, its nice to say you have one now.
    And some bragging rights with friends :)

Other than that, it serves no other purpose IMO. Too big and heavy to carry.
    Rounds are R60 a pop

Altho saying all this, I do own a gold one and thinking of getting the other 2 caliber's to complete the collection

Who have these ?

Looking for magazines and the usual importer Nicholas Yale have none, Waterfall/Irene arms have none, Dave sheer have none

And between them (the shops) they apparently only have 2 Desert Eagles, one going for R120,000 due to the tiger stripe coating

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    Who have these ?

Looking for magazines and the usual importer Nicholas Yale have none, Waterfall/Irene arms have none, Dave sheer have none

And between them (the shops) they apparently only have 2 Desert Eagles, one going for R120,000 due to the tiger stripe coating
    Davesheer has one in black
    Ihawu is able to get any of the models
    Queensburgh arms is also able to get (they the cheapest)

As for magazines, I have 8 brand new, sealed ones. Will msg you

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    Who have these ?

Also, the gold model (and i think the tiger stripe as well) is $1000 more for the model. So thats 20k. plus another 100% markup, which makes it 40k extra. Which seems on point
    Base model = $2000 = R40 000 * 2 = R80 000 selling price
    Gold model = $3000 = R60 000 * 2 = R120 000 selling price

When I had enquired on this back in 2017, there was actually a 300% markup at the time. Seems they dropped it down to 200% now

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dooms View Post
    True - and it will be a more well used gun

The deagle is more for the cool factor
    And being brought up playing video games where this was the icon weapon, and also used in lots of movies, its nice to say you have one now.
    And some bragging rights with friends :)

Other than that, it serves no other purpose IMO. Too big and heavy to carry.
    Rounds are R60 a pop

Altho saying all this, I do own a gold one and thinking of getting the other 2 caliber's to complete the collection
    No need to justify your toys to me If it's for cool factor, thats enough motivation. I presume that you have a .50?

Is yours reliable? I have heard that some are problematic. I have never handled one before, perhaps I will drop in at Dave Sheer just to look

User

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post
    No need to justify your toys to me If it's for cool factor, thats enough motivation. I presume that you have a .50?

Is yours reliable? I have heard that some are problematic. I have never handled one before, perhaps I will drop in at Dave Sheer just to look
    :)

Yeah. 50ae in gold

No issues with it. Altho i have not put a ton of rounds through it - and clean it after every use

From my research into this gun (I did alot), it was the initial models that used to jam alot. These were the ones made by IMI
    Then Magnum Research moved the production to the states, where they were able to control the manufacturing process, and thus the quality of it has improved

I have watched videos where they put hundreds of rounds through it, in a single range session, and the only issue they had with jamming was related to the ammo that was being used

User

Please link the shop items here

User

Quote Originally Posted by rakabos View Post
    Please link the shop items here
    Dont understand? want the details of the shops keeping the deagle?