Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Article: "SAPS head office evacuated after being declared ‘unfit for human use’"

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    The Vereeniging police station was overhauled a short while ago. I wonder what that exercise cost the tac payer. It will be nice to see it wasn't just a expensive paint job.
    Stuff happening in Vanderbijl also. Computers and power took a knock...

User

Default Re: Article: "SAPS head office evacuated after being declared ‘unfit for human use’"

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    Sounds like our favorite ladies are also being relocated so that that their office block can be renovated.

I wonder why the holding cells are also renovated again?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Sounds like our favorite ladies are also being relocated so that that their office block can be renovated.

I wonder why the holding cells are also renovated again?
    The cells seem to be a never-ending story...

Spoke to a friend from Barrage this evening. They got a new metal detector at the main entrance. We couldn't figure out why as the real psychos like me with all the guns and knifes drive around, park under the carport, and walk in the back door :)
    And while there is no money allocated for tires and maintenance on their vehicles.

User

I know a prisoner escaped there a while back. The light in the cell area was out for years and he used the low visibility to his advantage.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    You need to look into this. Is it a new application or renewal.

I applied on 25 Oct 23 in Goodwood CPT area and 1st week December collected my Temp printout.
    It is a new application. Besides the GOSA route like High Power suggested, is there any other effective means of following this up? If GOSA can do a follow up at a fee, that would imply there are certain channels besides the DFO one can follow? Or is that privileged information?

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by wave.jaco View Post
    It is a new application. Besides the GOSA route like High Power suggested, is there any other effective means of following this up? If GOSA can do a follow up at a fee, that would imply there are certain channels besides the DFO one can follow? Or is that privileged information?
    We have spent years finding out who to speak to, and developing working relationships with those people... to the degree they sometimes phone us for advice. This is not a T20 game.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    We have spent years finding out who to speak to, and developing working relationships with those people... to the degree they sometimes phone us for advice. This is not a T20 game.
    Very understandable and respected

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by wave.jaco View Post
    Very understandable and respected
    It's not that we are trying to block other people, but we have had bitter experience of 'unnamed' individuals contacting contacts we have given them, and fucking up our relationship by getting snarky and demanding.

I have also been dressed down personally, by name, in Parliament by MPs because of folk who contacted MPs personally and shouted at them, and then told the MPs that I gave them the contact details. This doesn't help us move the game forward.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

The cells seem to be a never-ending story...

Spoke to a friend from Barrage this evening. They got a new metal detector at the main entrance. We couldn't figure out why as the real psychos like me with all the guns and knifes drive around, park under the carport, and walk in the back door :)
    And while there is no money allocated for tires and maintenance on their vehicles.
    Confirmed tonight that the metal detector does indeed work. Just a bit uncomfortable to get a unconscious suspect through with two guys on the arms and one one the legs :)

I have noticed that where's my app for last couple of days returns error can not connect to SAPS site.

Wonder if there servers or system has been off at CFR.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast