User

Default Any one running a Schmeisser AR15-9 or similar by any chance?

I'm looking for something with a bit more oemf than a Ruger 10/22, but still weaker than a 223.

Target species are Nutrias, muskrats, raccoons and the occasional fox. I want to collect the fur and some point make something from it.

The Marlin Dark series lever action in 357 Mag is first prize, but the are unobtainiun at the moment. A 9mm semi auto is the next logical step. Unfortunately the Ruger PC9 carbine is "Nicht Erlaubt" her in Germany,.

Anything I should look for specifically? Where are the failures points? What is good about it , what is bad?

Thanks in advance

User

Default Re: Any one running a Schmeisser AR15-9 or similar by any chance?

CZ Scorpion Evo 3 available there?

Running mine with my own 147gr reloads. More than 1000 rounds through it and no issues. Suppressed. Recoil doesn't do much so quick follow-up shots are not an issue. Worked well on a horse and a dog or two.
    Biggest complaint I have see is about the large safety but that can be replaced.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    CZ Scorpion Evo 3 available there?

Running mine with my own 147gr reloads. More than 1000 rounds through it and no issues. Suppressed. Recoil doesn't do much so quick follow-up shots are not an issue. Worked well on a horse and a dog or two.
    Biggest complaint I have see is about the large safety but that can be replaced.
    It is available, but due to German laws the Scorpion pistol version can not be suppressed, the "rifle" version may be suppressed, but limited to 10 round mags. It's still an option, but I'm looking for something with Glock mag compatibility, because I already own a G17. Not that it matters for the intended purpose. Can only legally load two in the mag and one in the chamber when hunting.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    It is available, but due to German laws the Scorpion pistol version can not be suppressed, the "rifle" version may be suppressed, but limited to 10 round mags. It's still an option, but I'm looking for something with Glock mag compatibility, because I already own a G17. Not that it matters for the intended purpose. Can only legally load two in the mag and one in the chamber when hunting.
    German laws suck a bit it seems. Wanting to use Glock mags is understandable. Hopefully someone will come up with a good suggestion.

User

I use a .22 magnum with solid bullets for nutrias. The cartridge is also called .22 WMR.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    I'm looking for something with a bit more oemf than a Ruger 10/22, but still weaker than a 223.

Target species are Nutrias, muskrats, raccoons and the occasional fox. I want to collect the fur and some point make something from it.

The Marlin Dark series lever action in 357 Mag is first prize, but the are unobtainiun at the moment. A 9mm semi auto is the next logical step. Unfortunately the Ruger PC9 carbine is "Nicht Erlaubt" her in Germany,.

Anything I should look for specifically? Where are the failures points? What is good about it , what is bad?

Thanks in advance
    I have a Karris 9mm pcc, 16" barrel. Use from 10rd to 33rd happy stick Glock mags. Accuracy is quite acceptable, very easy to consistently hit a paper plate at 100m with a 2 moa red dot.

Mine is stock standard except for a AR10 flat wire buffer spring. But you can pimp it with short stroke kits, hydraulic buffers, after market trigger groups ets. It is like a Ken Barbie doll for men.

After playing with my pcc it is very difficult to go back to hg shooting.

I bought a quick detatchable silencer with a 10mm hole so I can currently use it on my 223 and pcc. I just install the comp on on every rifle. I can shoot without hearing protection if the need arrises.

I reload all my 9mm ammo so that it can work in my G26, CZ Shadow and Pcc.

This is my favorite gun for the whole family, its cheap and easy to reload.

There is a guy in our province who runs a Schmeisser and he likes it a lot.

User

I run a Beretta CX4. Uses Beretta 92 mags. The new ones comes standard with a threaded barrel.