Thread: John Matambu

Default Re: John Matambu

Perp is in Moz custody. Extradition is being planned
    Hope he gets properly reamed in Moz.
    Sack of shˇt.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
    Matambu was a friend of mine, i am following the story closely . I fish out of Sodwana often .
    The efforts made by several people to locate John as well as the low life who hijacked him has been AMAZING , from flying their own aircrafts and searching for him to funding various response units .

this story is terrible .
    Amazing community that side of KZN, real good people

Ferdie (or whatever the bastard goes by) is a real piece of shit, I really do hope they get some kind of confession out of the bastard.

Total coward and he should be hung

User

I am also following the story since I briefly met John the beginning of the year.

Just as a curiosity what could the motive be behind the whole ordeal.

Would smuggling be a possibility? And why go to the extreme by getting a boat. Could the boat be used to get something on another boat

In one of the news article he(the guy that rented the charter) said he was terminally ill. Would it be sort of a suicide attempt but then again why the lies about his accommodation.

In one of the very first news articles the boat was found beached burned out with a unburnt used medkit away from the boat meaning that whatever happened on the boat someone got hurt and it would most likely be our perp.

From my understanding is that the boat was found around 120km from the launch site and around 30km past the Mozambique border.

Sent from my SM-A325F using Tapatalk

My understanding is that the perp was not terminally ill, this was just an excuse to hire the charter at short notice (apparently he had chartered a different boat but that operator had gotten a bad feeling and cancelled).

Further I understand that the perp was out on parole for scamming and possibly on the run, trying to get into Moz illegally.
    Whether a boat charter is the best way to do that is a different discussion.

I get the feeling this guy doesn't have a very solid grounding in reality.

Duplicate

User

Story sounds crazy.

User

Motive : scum,low life piece of shit .
    on the run and wanted to cross the border illegally, he could of probably just paid an official at the border and he could of crossed without any hassle.

the possibility that he was carrying some type of contraband is plausible but he could of crossed in many other undetected ways.

Very sad indeed. 😔 My BIL did his Skipper's course with John way back.

Slightly off topic, but I noticed several mention of declaring a FA at SDB. I have never declared, or should I say, mever been asked to declare. I agree with the ranger at Cape Vidal, just don't do anything stupid.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Was this part of a confession obtained?
    Hadn't heard anything since the guy was arrested.
    Not sure at all. This was told to me by a friend who had just come back from Moz fishing trip.
    He wouldn't normally bullshit but booze and or grapevine may distort facts.

User

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Very sad indeed. �� My BIL did his Skipper's course with John way back.

Slightly off topic, but I noticed several mention of declaring a FA at SDB. I have never declared, or should I say, mever been asked to declare. I agree with the ranger at Cape Vidal, just don't do anything stupid.
    Ja, I too have never declared a FA in a park. In the event that I needed to use it the consequences of non-declaration would be the smallest of my concerns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2