Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Race the ship!!!

Are those prices incl vat?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Our normal price (which is good in any case) is R11999.

The Chinese screwed up the shipping date and missed sailing before Chinese New Year. We moaned at them. They lost face. They gave us a sizeable discount. We passed it straight on to our customers. Coulda called it 'early bird' but thought the ship race was a good idea... reflecting the uncertainty of the precise docking date.

Tata ma chance!
    So Mrs Paul sent the invoice and everything quick and in a hurry .

Now the wait for the boat to dock

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Dooms View Post
    Are those prices incl vat?
    Yep!
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    The price of the ammo remains unaffected. It is mil (surp, but actually current, 2023, manufacture) ammo at R7.10 per round incl. Sold by the spamcan of 750, or the crate of two spamcans.
    Is this ammo boxer-primed/reloadable?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Desperatezulu View Post
    Is this ammo boxer-primed/reloadable?
    I'd doubt it. But unless you can get bullets for really cheap, it does not make economic sense to try an reload 7.62x39

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I'd doubt it. But unless you can get bullets for really cheap, it does not make economic sense to try an reload 7.62x39
    I like it as a cast bullet launching proposition. At nine k and change one of these commie shovels really should have my name on it but the toy budget is sadly depleted.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I like it as a cast bullet launching proposition. At nine k and change one of these commie shovels really should have my name on it but the toy budget is sadly depleted.
    Look, this is an excellent deal for the rifle (in context, it's only R1.5K more than I paid for my T56 close to a decade ago... work in inflation and see the value in thus deal).

Even compared to the "normal price" (which is still excellent...) you can buy the rifle and ~500rds of ammo. Compared to a baseline AR or a AR-ish 9mm PCC (I'm optimistically estimating that at R20K for argument sake) you can buy this rifle and ~1500 rds of ammo.

The thing with SLRs are that the giggle switch is fun, and you run through a 30rd mag quite quickly. And frustratingly, if you don't shoot them often, you'll most probably see you're faster and more accurate on the same run&gun game ranfe with a pistol than with the SLR.

If you DO cast and have the time to develop a load for it, and factor in the cost of suitable imported powder and primers not being a cheap commodity anymore, and the fact that these gu s throw your not cheap boxer-primed brass into the next postcode, so the recovery rate on brass is markedly lower than expected, you MAY end up shooting a tad cheaper than with factory ammo, as long as you dont dactor in your own effort as well...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Look, this is an excellent deal for the rifle (in context, it's only R1.5K more than I paid for my T56 close to a decade ago... work in inflation and see the value in thus deal).

Even compared to the "normal price" (which is still excellent...) you can buy the rifle and ~500rds of ammo. Compared to a baseline AR or a AR-ish 9mm PCC (I'm optimistically estimating that at R20K for argument sake) you can buy this rifle and ~1500 rds of ammo.

The thing with SLRs are that the giggle switch is fun, and you run through a 30rd mag quite quickly. And frustratingly, if you don't shoot them often, you'll most probably see you're faster and more accurate on the same run&gun game ranfe with a pistol than with the SLR.

If you DO cast and have the time to develop a load for it, and factor in the cost of suitable imported powder and primers not being a cheap commodity anymore, and the fact that these gu s throw your not cheap boxer-primed brass into the next postcode, so the recovery rate on brass is markedly lower than expected, you MAY end up shooting a tad cheaper than with factory ammo, as long as you dont dactor in your own effort as well...
    Don't forget to mention the effort to reload bottleneck ammo. Oops I saw now you did. Thats the main reason I use my pcc a lot more.

User

I have a lot of lead, a lot of components, a lot of audiobooks and I enjoy making bullets. Stop trying to talk me into/out of buying one of Paul's recycled chicom ploughshares, it's unseemly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I have a lot of lead, a lot of components, a lot of audiobooks and I enjoy making bullets. Stop trying to talk me into/out of buying one of Paul's recycled chicom ploughshares, it's unseemly.
    Its too late for you.
    I "fell" for the same establishment advertisement, a couple of years ago. I bought two AK56's, one for me and one for a buddy. You can't beat the chinese so the best is to ""join" them or at least know your enemy. LoL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast