Default Dedicated hunter ?

Who has any real world experience as to the course. Is is prescribed by law, does it have a NQF level? Is there a unit standard. I want to buy another firearm and need to achieve dedicated status so I am just doing the homework.

Thanks if you can help
    Ryan

Default Re: Dedicated hunter ?

Hi Ryan,

I must say, I was very impressed with the NSA dedicated hunting program.

I filled out a membership form available on their website, emailed it to them, did an EFT into their account, and later the same day the emailed me confirmation of my membership. Attached was a good letter and a cut-out membership card. About a week later I received the originals in the post. These certifcates classed me as an Occasional Sportsman. They also sent 2 x official NSA targets, which can also be downloaded from their site.

The following weekend I shot 10 shots on the .22 target from 25m and 5 shots at 100m with a centrefire rifle. You need to get 50% score, which is easy. Benchresting allowed.

Then they posted me a CD with some theory on it regarding hunting, safety, game etc and they emailed me a multiple choice questionaire which I had 2 hrs to complete. Later the same day they confirmed my result and they emailed me another set of letters and certificates, this time stating that I'm a Dedicated Hunter.

About a week later they posted me the orioginals - signed by the commissionar of oaths, new membership card showing dedicated status etc.

Service from their office is really good. They actually phone you back when you email them, and I've heard this from a couple of members.

All in all, about 3 weeks from me being in the same position you are in, to getting the dedicated status.

PM me and I'll give you more info.

User

You can also receive your dedicated hunter status through SAHGCA. Benefit of going this route is that it connects you with fellow hunters and find details on other outfitters.

User

Go the NSA route, you can get Dedicated Hunter and Dedicated Sport Shooter, in one go.

Been with them for long time, Well worth the money

User

hehe. Philip it is easy to see that you are a wingshooter and always out to help boost nsa/wingshooters. Now i must admit that i am not a wingshooter but dagmar and co. are a great bunch of peopel. I bet you fire 5 times more shotgun rounds than rifle and hangun rounds. Tell me guys if i am a dedicated sport shooter vs dedicated hunter can i stil licence lets say 5 huning rifles whith a shotgun and 3 handguns or is it only for 'sport' guns like the hanguns,lm,semi auto shotgun...

User

You can,
    however just remember you have to prove the "Need"
    One for IPC, One for DPA, One for silhouette and... and...and
    The different shoots require different types of weapons even if the same calibre / different configurations and so and so forth..........

I'm sure you get the jest of what I'm saying

User

DH status is well worth the effort