Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Zastava .375 H&H.

The more I shoot this rifle, the more I like it. The bolt has already become a lot smoother from use. I have not hunted with it yet, but I have killed two wounded animals. a blue wildebeest and a kudu and a client hunted an eland bull with it.

Today, I zeroed the open sights with the 300gr SBC bullet. The target below was shot after removing the scope, zeroing the open sights (it needed to be drifted to the right), and re-attaching the scope. Shot at the top is a 270gr Peregrine VLR4 at ±2600fps and the bottom shot is a 300gr SBC at ±2500fps, both shots at 100m. Two clicks to the left and I'm good for anything from blesbuck to buffalo.

Last edited by TStone; 19-05-2024 at 13:03.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

The actions are rough but after bit of polishing with steel wool I found mine to be much better too. Also now you can piss off all your posh rifle mates by telling then you have a FN Mauser action hunting rifle and you bought it for a song. Zastava bought all FN’s tooling so for all intents and purposes it’s a FN 😎
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

The Peregrine load with the rifle scoped will be a very "safe" / "effetive" combination for clients to use on all plains game. Any decent distance for body shots should be a none event and if the client is not good at shot placement selection for African game or take raking shots you have all the penetration needed. Clients should not be able or in line to blame the tool you provided.

I fired two more bullets at the same target as posted above.
    From the top:
    A Federal factory load, with a 300gr soft nose bullet at 2530fps, according to the box it came in.
    A 270gr Peregrine VLR4 at ±2600fps.
    A 300gr Peregrine 300gr VRG2 solid at ±2440fps.
    A 300gr SBC at ±2500fps.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Perfect hunting accuracy between ammunition types. Federal seems to be cooking up hard shooting loads for calibre. In my 6.5x55 Federal 140 gr is also printing about 2" higher than other brands I have used.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3