User

Default AR15 Safety options???

Hi All

I am looking for safety options for the AR15.

I have a milspec and ambi safety. The milspec I have no problem with but the ambi has two long levers that I do not like.
    I am definitely replacing the specific item!

So, are there nice (like Radian) options available locally for ambi safeties that have a short and long lever (not the UTG).
    I have seen the Elftman push button safety that I also kind of like.

Any advice about who stocks what? What do you use or suggest?

User

Default Re: AR15 Safety options???

Oddly when it comes to safeties on my AR15's I don't find a real need for Ambi, and as a right handed shooter find the ones with the longer levers to be a pain in the ass on the support side.

On my gamer guns I typically run a mil spec safety, and oddly a standard charging handle with extended lever.
    However on my "gucci" guns I used a Radian for a bit on the one, but settled on Noveske STS Ambi Safety, it uses the Magpul Scar Selector Levers. Not really sure if they are available locally tho.

A push button safety to me sounds kinda slow, and clumsy if you need to re engage it, and I don't see a speed nor tactile advantage to disengaging it.

User

I shoot long guns from my left shoulder due to cross eye dominance.
    I disengage and engage all my AR safeties with the "palm", where my index finger join my hand, of my left hand. It works very well for me.

User

Stevin, do you mind posting some pictures of your installation of the Novesky. The selectors looks quite bulky but then again they look shorter than the other Magpul safety selector switches they have for the AR15.

The push button would be slower to get back on safe and you have to use both sides. Many shotguns with this type of safety that people do not complain about.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    Stevin, do you mind posting some pictures of your installation of the Novesky. The selectors looks quite bulky but then again they look shorter than the other Magpul safety selector switches they have for the AR15.

The push button would be slower to get back on safe and you have to use both sides. Many shotguns with this type of safety that people do not complain about.
    Well yes, but they have no other option in the case of an AR15 you do, and it's a better option.

I don't have an left side image, but this one below shows the rhs image on both my 300blk and 6arc.

User

Thanks Stevin

Love the look of that 300!!!

I have a CMMG Ambi safety (both levers are the same size). I have no interference issues and like the option of having a safety in the RHS

User

Arnold ek het vir jou PM gestuur.
    D