Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default An Icon Revisited: The HK USP in Focus

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/an...-usp-in-focus/

Very interesting article on the Heckler & Koch Universal Self Loading Pistol (USP), a gun probably everyone on this forum is familiar with, and more than a few likely own. Apparently very reliable and durable, although sadly the full sized variant looks like a brick and is probably not the easiest gun to EDC. Still, it's widely considered one of the greatest polymer handguns ever made.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: An Icon Revisited: The HK USP in Focus

I posted pictures of the USP in 45 alongside my G17 and the USP is a tad longer but very closer in the same category of bulk.
    I carry my USP every day. It is the same effort to carry and conceal the G17.
    The DA not as bad as it seems on paper.
    The fit and finish of the barrel to slide is engineering to another level.
    The HE finish is extremely durable. The factory SS is not made anymore I believe.
    Pity that the magazine for the compact is different from the full size, so not interchangeable. Not interchangeable between the MK23 and full size either.
    The 9mm magazine will function with the 40 though.
    My precious is the USPc 357 Air Marshalls with much better trigger from factory.
    My factory test target is "3 leaf clover" but has 5 shots on it.
    The expert is a really handsome looking handgun but the USP hardly gives anything away to the USP expert.
    The Mk23 would have been much better if i had the KAC suppressor for it.
    Brings me right back to the USP cos I ain't taking out West African insurgents in the delta ..
    Last edited by KK20; 10-05-2024 at 15:41.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Some day I will get myself a USP9c with a stainless slide, that’s what got me interested reading about it in an a magazine review many years back. Still have the magazine stashed somewhere.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Some day I will get myself a USP9c with a stainless slide, that’s what got me interested reading about it in an a magazine review many years back. Still have the magazine stashed somewhere.
    IMHO they SUCK to shoot. The full size USP's are great, the Compact; not so much.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    If money is not an issue, I would love to get a the USP Tactical in .45 ACP, the same model used by German Special Forces.

I just sold my USP 9 full size. What a beautiful gun. Lovely to shoot, very accurate. Probably one of the most well made and reliable guns out there. Thing is, I am biased to striker fired pistols, so DA/SA wasn't doing it for me.
    I wish they make a striker fired USP with a pic rail and optic mount....

I have a variant 9 USP9F with a match trigger (trigger group thanks to KK20).

It is at least as easy to carry as a 17. I don't carry mine because I have more time driving GLOCKS.

It is way more accurate than I am and is extremely reliable.

I think that they are excellent pistols, but because of when they came out they were overshadowed by the surge in striker fired guns that are a little easier to train users, especially mil and le.

I installed the variant 9 plate because my grip can trip the decock function under recoil, which while not impacting function, is disruptive.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    I think that they are excellent pistols, but because of when they came out they were overshadowed by the surge in striker fired guns that are a little easier to train users, especially mil and le.
    I think the same fate of most SA/DA hammer fired pistols.

User

USPc in 40S&W was the first pistol I ever bought, carried it for years and years, only moving to the P2000 in 40S&W as it was the variant without external safeties, just SA/DA. I did however use my original USPc mags for it.

Since then I have added numerous USP's to my collection, including the Elite's, Tactical and three of the 4 calibers in the USPc range, only missing the 357Sig.
    I need an Expert and a Full Size to round off my collection, I am unsure if any Matches ever even came into SA?

The Unicorn is also the Mark 23, one day...

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    IMHO they SUCK to shoot. The full size USP's are great, the Compact; not so much.
    Bore axis seems high. Was tempted by the 2000 for a long time until a you tube video made me doubt it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast