Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default NV Scope from USA

Can anyone give me some advice, I have a family member in USA - I'm looking at buying a refurbished ATN NV scope and having it shipped to him there.

I'd like to send it back to SA using the correct courier channels, has anyone done this recently and what kind of import duties will be levied? I'm aware that there might be the 15% VAT charges but anything other than that?

User

Default Re: NV Scope from USA

Might need ITAR export certificates.

User

Might need to check the export and import as at one point in time night vision was restricted.

User

If I may ask, is it not cheaper / easier to just buy Pard or Pulsar locally? Even importing NV/Thermal optics from Europe should be easier.

Thanks for the info thus far Gents, I'll look into the ITAR and Restrictions, as far as I know only Thermal is restricted?

@Socrates From a brief look around, I can pick up a Refurbished ATN X-Sight 4K Pro 3-14x for $539 or ATN X-SIGHT LTV 5-15X for $399 with free shipping, so the prices really warrant looking into it. I haven't worked out the courier fees from the USA to SA yet but should still come in way under.

User

Quote Originally Posted by stoffbass View Post
    Thanks for the info thus far Gents, I'll look into the ITAR and Restrictions, as far as I know only Thermal is restricted?

@Socrates From a brief look around, I can pick up a Refurbished ATN X-Sight 4K Pro 3-14x for $539 or ATN X-SIGHT LTV 5-15X for $399 with free shipping, so the prices really warrant looking into it. I haven't worked out the courier fees from the USA to SA yet but should still come in way under.
    Makes sense. Hope you come right.

User

Also hope you come right but whatever the outcome, please keep us informed.

Thanks Gents, will let you know in the next couple of months hopefully

User

Quote Originally Posted by stoffbass View Post

You can get that same 4K Pro 3-14x in a good, used condition in South Africa for R10k
    If you are lucky, there might still be some warranty left on it too.

When that imported one gives you problems like a faulty battery or corrupt firmware, which happens now and aagain with some units, the local agents might not help you either. They may only work on scopes imported through their channels which is not USA, they come from Europe.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    You can get that same 4K Pro 3-14x in a good, used condition in South Africa for R10k
    If you are lucky, there might still be some warranty left on it too.

When that imported one gives you problems like a faulty battery or corrupt firmware, which happens now and aagain with some units, the local agents might not help you either. They may only work on scopes imported through their channels which is not USA, they come from Europe.
    Yes but if you bought it from an approved reseller in the USA you can send it back there and get the unit repaired/replaced.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast