Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gonubie, East London
    Age
    60
    Posts
    52

    Default Baretta BRX 1 Rifle

    Has anyone tried the Baretta BRX1 here. I am very keen to know what you think of it in our South African context of hunting. This may very well be my next rifle from what I have found on the reviews from YouTube.

  2. #2
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Boland
    Posts
    8,044

    Default Re: Baretta BRX 1 Rifle

    No such thing as Baretta...

    Beretta on the other hand...

  3. #3
    User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,995

    Default Re: Baretta BRX 1 Rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    No such thing as Baretta...

    Beretta on the other hand...
    Česká zbrojovka fans have it waaaaay to easy. :)

  4. #4
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Boland
    Posts
    8,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Česká zbrojovka fans have it waaaaay to easy. :)
    Queue the hairs in my neck rising when people call them "Bruno"...

  5. #5
    User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,995

    Default Re: Baretta BRX 1 Rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabawok View Post
    Has anyone tried the Baretta BRX1 here. I am very keen to know what you think of it in our South African context of hunting. This may very well be my next rifle from what I have found on the reviews from YouTube.
    I have friend in the gun trade who's shot a couple and he likes them. They were all accurate.

    The straight pull really only comes into its own for driven game hunting where super fast followup shots can be required, but semi-auto magazine capacity is limited to 2.

    The barrel change option is nice, but it's not something that really makes sense in the South African context as far as licensing is concerned. Even if you were willing to go through the process, there is not a big calibre selection to choose from.

  6. #6
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gonubie, East London
    Age
    60
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: Beretta BRX 1 Rifle

    Thanks Socrates for the reply. My interest in the Beretta BRX 1 (thanks Pirate for pointing out my incorrect spelling) is the ambidextrous action for me as a lefty but able to sell it one day without limiting the market to left handed shooters only if I look at a left handed bolt action rifle. My other reason is that they are reported as very well built and accurate rifles. I will try and get to see one when I am in a larger centre where they have stock of them.
    Last edited by Jabawok; 23-06-2024 at 17:45. Reason: spelling correction

  7. #7
    User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,995

    Default Re: Beretta BRX 1 Rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabawok View Post
    Thanks Socrates for the reply. My interest in the Beretta BRX 1 (thanks Pirate for pointing out my incorrect spelling) is the ambidextrous action for me as a lefty but able to sell it one day without limiting the market to left handed shooters only if I look at a left handed bolt action rifle. My other reason is that they are reported as very well built and accurate rifles. I will try and get to see one when I am in a larger centre where they have stock of them.
    My Kindergarten teacher forced me to write with my right hand. Have you tried that? :D

    Jokes aside, the utility of switching between left and right hand shooters if one of the perks I didn't even consider in my answer.


    They are definitely well made. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

  8. #8
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    42
    Posts
    845

    Default Re: Baretta BRX 1 Rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabawok View Post
    Has anyone tried the Baretta BRX1 here. I am very keen to know what you think of it in our South African context of hunting. This may very well be my next rifle from what I have found on the reviews from YouTube.
    One of my friends bought one as his son is a lefty. I got to shoot a few rounds with it and it performed very well. Not sure how it would handle being dusty after a few days in the bush but suppose it can't be worse than any of the other straight pull rifles out there. Beretta manufacture good guns and rifles, I have a PX4 I would bet my life on and another friend will sell his house before he sells his Silver Pigeon.

  9. #9
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    JHB
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,022

    Default Re: Baretta BRX 1 Rifle

    How's the return to zero when taking the rifle down? Would be nice to have a gun you can transport in a small case

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •