Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default BattleComp Muzzle Brake 5,56 and 308

The problem with comps or muzzle brakes are that they are quite unsocial - it is not a pleasure to shoot one indoors and your shooting buddies will not enjoy them any where near as much as you do (I do not know what the blast from a JP is like).

The grail is to get one that will compensate but is moderate in the blast it emits. I have personally tried the Smith Enterprises model 1002 muzzle brake, the Wilson Combat brake and the Noveske KX3.

Of the 3 the Noveske is very tolerable - it projects the blast downrange and it's the only one I know of that you can hold you hand next to and not feel blast or concussion. Good for use indoors etc.

The Wilson and Smith are both very effective.

The Knights Armament Inconnel fh/brake as used by some of the Magpul guys is also very good but afaik very expensive ($250??)

One of the latest developments is the Batttlecomp muzzle brake/comp which gives excellent performance with not much more blast than the standard A2 flash hider.

We applied to become a dealer for Battlecomp and Battlecomp is currently waiting for an ITAR permit to allow exports, which permit may be issued or may not be issued - time will tell???

Some very awesome and very interesting test firing video clips can be seen here

http://battlecomp.com/

User

Default Re: BattleComp Muzzle Brake 5,56 and 308

Thanks Khumba...The smith sems reletively inexpensive at $55!

User

Yes it does - I may even have a Wilson Combat model and they work just as well as the Smith - if you are interested. I think it is a problem getting them shipped from the USA currently.

The question is what thread do you have on your Mini14 - the standard thread for these brakes are 1/2"-28 RH.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

They say they'll supply to your thread spec for orders of 10 or more... why don't you bring in a bunch unthreaded? It's dead easy to cut a thread in for fitting.

IOW, I can't even remember what thread I cut on the end of my Mini barrel, and I'd sure like one of these... ;-{)}
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    They say they'll supply to your thread spec for orders of 10 or more... why don't you bring in a bunch unthreaded? It's dead easy to cut a thread in for fitting.

IOW, I can't even remember what thread I cut on the end of my Mini barrel, and I'd sure like one of these... ;-{)}
    Ya know, Paul...that's a danged good idea (especially since we are spending Khumba's money!) what between the LMs and Minis out there...a .308 model or two should sell also to the FAL guys.

(GS member)'Suppressor, Hell...I want an AMPLIFIER! I bought this thing to make noise!'(GS member)
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

I started checking these out after ikor mentioned them the other day and I'm seriously impressed with what I've seen so far .......... though $150 per unit is going to HURT
    "There is no second place winner in a gunfight" - B Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    I started checking these out after ikor mentioned them the other day and I'm seriously impressed with what I've seen so far .......... though $150 per unit is going to HURT
    That's in the states, bru. Even with the strong Rand now it'll be much more in SA...and those Battlecomp boys ain't giving discounts to anybody!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Hey ikor, got any experience with Troy FH/MB.

Quote Originally Posted by Teufel Hund View Post
    Hey ikor, got any experience with Troy FH/MB.
    None, brother. I usually use the Vortex, or the standard A2 flash suppressor. Remember, I don't compete in 3 Gun and I orefer flash suppression to recoil reduction...especially in a 5.56mm rifle. The Battlecomp sounds very good, however, but at that price I will probably pass...at least for now.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Yeah, the Battlecomp looks very nice, but the price tag doesn't.
    The Troy FH looks quite nice and at $45 is quite affordable, then again a standard A2 FH at $6 works pretty decent as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast