Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Default Re: 3 Gun Shooting in IPSC

Corne, be a man and tell us all what rifle you will be taking with, I take my hat of for your spirit in which you want to compete, you are one of those guys that basically say, well i have this gun and thereby will use it, good for you, and for the spasms, I told you many times before, lose some weight as the dungeon activity will catch up with you at some stage kissass

Quote Originally Posted by SWATG
    Corne, be a man and tell us all what rifle you will be taking with, I take my hat of for your spirit in which you want to compete, you are one of those guys that basically say, well i have this gun and thereby will use it, good for you, and for the spasms, I told you many times before, lose some weight as the dungeon activity will catch up with you at some stage kissass
    happy0065

The plan was to go with my Glock 17, Mossberg Pump and a Norinco UZI (long barreled Officers Model). The Pistol match was on Saturday and on Sunday the Shotgun and Rifle Match. The Sunday morning I was offered a LM to shoot the match with. No my experience with semi auto rifles is extremely limited and I have only fired a few shots with a Ruger Mini 14 and a Dashprod and 2 shots with a R1. I decided what the hell and grabbed the bull by the horns.

It was a excellent weekend and the shooting went on fantastic. In the handgun match I came 3rd and in the 3 gun match I came 4th. Also consider that I have only obtained my Mosberg recently and have only shot about 20 to 30 rounds with it to date.

In the recent few months I have now been 'forced' to shoot competitively with unfamiliar guns and I do think that I came out of it OK. The first time was earlier this year at the IPSC nationals in Cape Town when I shot with a Z88 (although similar to my SP1 it is a different gun with a different feel) and now this 3gun match where the Rifle was totally new to me and the shotgun also still pretty much new to me.....

As I say....it was a excellent experience!!!!!

been shooting 3 gun for a while at club.my winchester 1300 defender has never ever missed a beat,fitted it with pistol grip folding stock.
    out shot guys with semi-autos,some how they seem to have regular jams,probably cases expand to much, maybe semi autos are sensitive to this.

User

Hi Shot our first club 3gun with a borrowed belgian FN. wow what a rifle. But at the coastal 3 gun shoots we do not see much distance, dunno about the CT guys but EC and knysna we do not have ranges with 300m for a rifle stage. Mark G won it with his UZZI, because he can shoot and reload faster with it up to 40-50m .
    What other 9mm carbines are out there that you guys would recommend.

Stan, if you're only going to be shooting at club level, a carbine is perfect. At national and international level, the trend is to use rifles what they are designed for - longer distances.

At the Polokwane 3 gun Nationals you're looking at 100m and 200m stages - even at NGPSA shoots the target distances are becoming longer !

Just something to consider if you would like to shoot the Nationals or land up in Gauteng

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9