User

Default Trapping a BG In Your House

OK, I saw this security system while someone else was browsing the net, and I am trying my best to track down the site, but the just of it is:

As soon as the panic button is pressed (not sure if it is linked to a normal alarm trip as well), there are roller shutter doors that slide closed behind each bedroom door which makes it harder to kick in (in theory), as well as to seal off whichever other rooms, e.g. seals off the passage way, closes up the living room, etc. etc.

My questions is just, would you really want to "contain" a BG in your home while the security company gets to you?

On the one hand I can see how actually cathing a BG could help, but then you sit with a threat for longer and the situation might escalate...

Your thoughts?

Like I said, I'll try and track down the site where I saw this on.

User

Default Re: Trapping a BG In Your House

Just would suck if any of your family members get stuck with the BG.

User

Hence I think it is linked only to a panic button, i.e. get's activated when it will be effective. Like you and the family being safe in the master bedroom while BG is outside, for example.

So what to do if you have activated the shutters and discover Ooma is in the passage with the bad guys? Can you reactivate and they will roll up? (I doubt it) How do the cops get in? How does anyone...you or the cops, etc...see if they really have put down weapons or are waiting to shoot as soon as the shudder is released / removed? Will it require tools to release? Do you have those tools in your master bedroom? If so, can you pass them outside to responding officers? What happens in case of fire?

Lots to think about, but I'm not so sure I want BGs trapped inside MY house unless I am using them for my private shooting gallery.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

The idea of trapping BGs in my house just scares the hell out of me! I want them out and ASAP! The idea of having a cornered animal in your space is asking for trouble!