23/08/2021 send to competency section
    09/09/2021 received at competency section
    18/09/2021 Correspondence with CRC
    28/09/2021 in process at CRC
    12/10/2021 Completed at CRC

96 working days so far

User

Default Re: Process flow charts: Competency and License Applications

This is probably a long shot but do we have an idea of the average wait time for competency applications?

Quote Originally Posted by BB13 View Post
    This is probably a long shot but do we have an idea of the average wait time for competency applications?
    https://wma.hadron.co.za/Home/Details

You are looking at over 200 days more or less.

User

Wow....

Im in for the long haul....
    Best just forget about it for a few months then

Quote Originally Posted by BB13 View Post
    Wow....

Im in for the long haul....
    Best just forget about it for a few months then
    If you are lucky it should be done within 5-6 months, but like ShadowedR said, 200 days. I was lucky enough for both my license and competency to be both approved on each occasion on 120 business day. So my total wait was 240 business days (11months application and with license card will be 12 months) from start to finish, now I have to wait for the license card which is another 3-4 weeks if lucky.

User

I see I've had minor movement.
    Application finalized at Provincial DFO and forwarded to CFR.

Now the long wait.

User

Anyone tracked the average time to be processed at the Provincial DFO?

User

So I just waited 87 days for my latest licence to be sent to my Provincial DFO... Jut sitting on the desk at the station for 87 days...
    So Flow Charts all you want, but it truly is luck of the draw and all depends where your application lands. Last year a new shotgun took almost a year for submission to card in hand.
    In the same breath an uncle in Elisras got his from submission to card in hand under two months.
    This makes no sense and never will. I have been thinking of making an updated flowchart and incorporating the averages from Wheres my app(Thanks again to Shadower for keeping my little sanity that i have left by constantly refreshing the app) - BUT the problem is the outliers, these averages mean nothing - My father in law's app is stuck at in process for over a year already, yet someone has been approved and submitted in September 2021. Point is the state/police whatever you want to call these clowns are unable to run and manage this system and never will be. Does it even matter if this is done on purpose or just pure unwillingness / incompetence ? Best part is - nothing happens, letter here an email here a lawyer involved here - nothing happens to the entire system. Rant over for now.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dementorium View Post
    So I just waited 87 days for my latest licence to be sent to my Provincial DFO... Jut sitting on the desk at the station for 87 days...
    So Flow Charts all you want, but it truly is luck of the draw and all depends where your application lands. Last year a new shotgun took almost a year for submission to card in hand.
    In the same breath an uncle in Elisras got his from submission to card in hand under two months.
    This makes no sense and never will. I have been thinking of making an updated flowchart and incorporating the averages from Wheres my app(Thanks again to Shadower for keeping my little sanity that i have left by constantly refreshing the app) - BUT the problem is the outliers, these averages mean nothing - My father in law's app is stuck at in process for over a year already, yet someone has been approved and submitted in September 2021. Point is the state/police whatever you want to call these clowns are unable to run and manage this system and never will be. Does it even matter if this is done on purpose or just pure unwillingness / incompetence ? Best part is - nothing happens, letter here an email here a lawyer involved here - nothing happens to the entire system. Rant over for now.
    This doesn't instill much confidence in me. I thought perhaps I was one of thr lucky ones... That unfortunately doesn't seem the case now...

Does anyone know what options I have as my competency application is now on 200 days and I still have many more steps before I actually have it in hand. I have contacted the gosa legal team however things are still not moving. I am looking for recommendations of other options to explore.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast