User

Default Occasional sport shooter

Its my time to renew my licences, i four long guns a SXS shot gun, a Brno .22, a sporterised Lee Enfield .303 and a BSA .303 Sporter.
    Can i get occasional sport shooter status as opposed to dedicated hunter, i heard somewhere that occasional sport shooters can licence 4 weapons 3 long guns and a handgun?
    Will there be an issue have two .303's? And what motivation / dedication do i need to be occasional sport shooter status.
    Any advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Occasional sport shooter

Occasional sport is not a status in the same sense as dedicated sport, its more a reason. I would suggest that you occasionally participate in some shooting sport with your rifle, such as NRA High Power.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

The only thing I can add is that I got one of my pistol licenses under the section 15, which is as far as I know for sport shooting, also note that I am not a "dedicated" sport shooter according to the outlines, but merely an occasional sport shooter, but I do belong to SADPA, so in theory it should work, but beware only in theory.

Banned

I own two P35s, one inherited, the other is my own personal sidearm (a newer version of the Hi Power) I bought when I served in the SADF. No its not a military issue, it was my sidearm of choice.

I need to renew my licences (yeah believe it - after about 20 years of R4 and 9mm training in the SANDF I still have to prove I can shoot hpy194 ).

I do go shooting pretty frequently but don't see why I should join a shooting club (at additional cost) just to keep my firearms...

I don't want to lose any one of the two - how should I go about motivating to keep them both.

Quote Originally Posted by P35
    I own two P35s, one inherited, the other is my own personal sidearm (a newer version of the Hi Power) I bought when I served in the SADF. No its not a military issue, it was my sidearm of choice.

I need to renew my licences (yeah believe it - after about 20 years of R4 and 9mm training in the SANDF I still have to prove I can shoot hpy194 ).

I do go shooting pretty frequently but don't see why I should join a shooting club (at additional cost) just to keep my firearms...

I don't want to lose any one of the two - how should I go about motivating to keep them both.

Licence the one for SD and the other for occasional sport. You don't need to join a club for this but why not as it is only a couple of hundred bucks a year.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Banned

Don't have the free time ...so I go shooting as time permits, I shoot at a indoor shooting range.