Default Voting survey against GFSA on News24.com

Just recieved a e-mail from GFSA to vote on news24.com against firearms. "there is currently a vote on the news24 site with regards to owning firearms. please take a minute to vote." if they can vote so can we so lets give them a run for their money.

User

Default Re: Voting survey against GFSA on News24.com

obviously with the "better" changes being made recently, GFSA is losing the fight. no?

Banned

Obviously the gunfree nuts are voting "I will never own" so they have a total of 3389 votes (6:40 on 16/12) against 14967 who are for or neutral towards. They are losing again big time. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Obviously the gunfree nuts are voting "I will never own" so they have a total of 3389 votes (6:40 on 16/12) against 14967 who are for or neutral towards. They are losing again big time. :-)
    eer no!
    "Yes" and "I am thinking about it" represent the pro element! that currently constitutes
    49% of this poll
    No and I would never represent the emotive cry for dont need them GFSA followers (at least that is what they can lay claim to
    And currently the have us pipped at 51 %
    so no we aint winning this poll yet!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Banned

"No" does not represent the anti element. It means the voter does not own a gun. If I do not own a car I would vote "No" in a car poll but it does not mean I am against owning cars. If I voted "I will never own a car" it may mean I am against car ownership, maybe. Anyone from GFSA who votes "No" in that poll is brain dead and is helping our position.

what it does mean is that every no, or I would never is a usable statistic in the GFSA emotive argument which says, "see you dont NEED a gun, more people seem to believe they dont NEED a gun in SA then do!!!!!!" thats the point its not always what the question is its how you ask it and how you spin the answer!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

User

ofcourse nobody NEEDS a gun. just like you dont need a car. but it's something a certain type of person prefers in his life, be it a car or a gun.
    the "you dont need a gun" argument is easily countered by the "freedom to own property" law.

Banned

The only absolutes in that poll that represent a firm position are the first and last questions. The middle two are neutral ground and therefore not against gun ownership. Anyone who spins otherwise for gain is easily and logically proven the liar.

I would like to see a poll with the questions:
    1. Must firearms ownership to the law abiding citizen be banned?
    2. Must firearms ownership to the law abiding citizen be allowed?

No duplicity, nice and simple and a clear guide to what law abiding citizens want, despite the fact that criminals and GFSA will vote for a ban.

Gerard I to would love to see a poll like that but unless a completely impartial entity does it the results will still be meaningless
    its an old trick by politicians and lobbyists, they ask a question and phrase it in an emotive way
    like asking "would you like to see you children able to walk the streets in complete safety" now who wouldnt answer yes? then they input some half baked perception or generalistic statement linking child death to firearms (failing to mention of course that the statistic child includes those up to 21 and firearms in context are unlawful and pertains to a heavy gang area) and then suddenly its about firearms ownership! the Brady campaign have ben doing that for years, GFSA has been doing that for years! and because they whine so loudly and consistently your/ our reactive statement becomes the "knee jerk comeback of the gun nut!" Marketting 101 the bigger the lie and the more consistently it is told the easier it is belived and accepted!

We need to somehow inspire polls and discussions along the lines of
    Do you believe it is right for our wives, sisters, mothers and daughters to be raped everytime they walk outside at night? do you believe it right that a person should willing give up their childrens lives or do you believe that every person has the inalienable right to defend their childrens and their own lives?
    that is the sentiment that we should push, that is the message we should send out at every opportunity, Jayne, Kirsten and her ilk are hand in glove with the rapists, murderers and thieves, everytime there is a murder of any type everyone on this site should e mail Jayne and say, how dare you support this! everytone should publicly be saying that Jayne and Kirsten should be in the dock next to everysingle one of those criminals! thats the message we should be sending!

---------- Post added at 06:57 ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 ----------

bear in mind that the vast majority of the public will not have a strong opinion on firearms they will accept which ever impinges least on their lives and is the most socially acceptable, until we win that stature we wont win the batttle for firearms rights here!

User

Dammit, missed the vote.

Sorry chaps.