Default Sneaky governments!!

Just when you thought governments couldn’t get any sneakier.

Along comes a mobile phone application offered by what is surely a front company for the US Government.
    The name “PatriotApp” is misleading. What it essentially does is turn the general public into the country’s biggest spy ring. The cherry on top no doubt, is the fact that they receive all this information for free.

Who needs cameras in the sky, when you can have millions of eyes on the ground?

I could just see the likes of Natalie Jaynes ,GFSA and the rest of the bleeding heart society loving something like this.

Imagine, there you, are practising one of those tacticool moves you learnt at one of Swatties or BigT courses, in your back yard with your BB gun and the next thing all hell breaks loose. You are staring down the barrels of a couple of police guns , all because your neighbour happened to see you and was able to at the touch of a few buttons report a guy running arround with a gun anonymously.

What happens when you are shopping in a mall and another “concerned” citizen happened to notice your SD handgun and anonymously once again reports a potential criminal?
    Just imagine the scene as you casually exit the mall with your family, only to be faced by a whole lot of unfriendly barrels.

These scenarios could be played out in a million different ways for a million different situations off course, none of which I would like to be party too.
    Should something like this ever be implemented here the consequences would just be too dire to comprehend.

Pessimistic? Perhaps , but third world jails tend to be a whole lot worse than any in America and just the time spent there waiting for a Lawyer to come and get you out , could potentially ruin you forever.

Frightening shit if you ask me!

Below the blurb form the company

Mobilizing the Globe

Citizen Concepts announces the launch of PatriotAppTM, the world's first iPhone application that empowers citizens to assist government agencies in creating safer, cleaner, and more efficient communities via social networking and mobile technology. This app was founded on the belief that citizens can provide the most sophisticated and broad network of eyes and ears necessary to prevent terrorism, crime, environmental negligence, or other malicious behavior.

Simply download, report (including pictures) and submit information to relevant government agencies, employers, or publish incident data to social network tools.

Key Features:
    • Integrated into Federal Agencies points of contacts
      • FBI
      • EPA
      • GAO
      • CDC
    • Custom integration with user employers
    • Fully integrated with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter)
    • Multiple menus and data fields
    • View FBI Most Wanted
    • Simple graphical user interface
    Uses:
    • Enable citizens to record and communicate:
    • National Security, Suspicious activities, Crime
    • Government Waste
    • Environmental Crime or possible violations
    • White collar crime
    • Workplace harassment, discrimination, or other violations
    • Public Health concerns
    PatriotApp encourages active citizen participation in the War on Terror and in protecting their families and surrounding communities.

http://patriotapps.com/index.html
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Default Re: Sneaky governments!!

Indeed. More shid from BHO's administration.

Still...'they' are always out there...trying to take our...your...freedoms any way they can...and they have plenty of willing helpers. The 'net just makes it all easier.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Puts a new spin on "Big Brother is watching you"?

big dog you know yourself tip off lines tend to be flooded by the cranks and crazies. volume of input tends to defeat capable operations, unless of course they have developed some uber back end I dont really see this flying, on the other hand market penetration by smart phones capable of supporting this app is still somewhat limited so that might limit input at the moment to achieve the scenario you mention. I just dont see it flying here for awhile depending of course how much lobby groups push it!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

User

Quote Originally Posted by abhm View Post
    big dog you know yourself tip off lines tend to be flooded by the cranks and crazies. volume of input tends to defeat capable operations, unless of course they have developed some uber back end I dont really see this flying, on the other hand market penetration by smart phones capable of supporting this app is still somewhat limited so that might limit input at the moment to achieve the scenario you mention. I just dont see it flying here for awhile depending of course how much lobby groups push it!
    YUp, I reckon we could skrew this thing up in a couple of days if it was launched here.

User

Personally I am not against using the general public to collect information and prevent or reduce crime. From a CPF perspective this is exacly what we do and it works. The police and other parties will give us lookout information. This info ie. registration number is distributed via SMS and we have had a arrest where a lady spotted a wanted bakkie and the perps where arrested.

In SA this is particularly important not just for having more eyes looking for suspicious behavior, but by distributing a SMS stating "white toyota reg XXXYYYGP involved in arrmed robbery" people realize they don't live in a safe area and inevitably become more vigilant and aware.

User

There’s a long and slippery slope happening here.

The first; is when you allow a ‘nanny government’ to develop; this to the stage where you are discouraged to even defend yourself. Look at what is happening in the UK for instance. Two: You make people afraid. To do this, you either allow some horrific event(s) to occur, or as an uncomfortably large number of people now believe, you orchestrate your own ‘false flag’ tragedy to scare the populace into submission. Three, you pass laws restricting or even, robbing the populace of their individual freedoms. A scared and desperate people will willingly abrogate their freedoms in return for security- the Patriot Act is an example of this. Then, you get the populace involved in ‘combating’ crime – basically by spying on their neighbors; even their own families.

Nothing new and it is happening all around us. Except; we’re too stupid to see this ‘progress’ for what it really is. History is full of examples of this happening – the precursor of tyranny.

The system going here is "CrimeStop" where you can anon. send SMS's detailing crime etc. Primedia 702/94.7 are punting it.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Look what happened in the UK recently , reported for having "pointy" knives in your kitchen.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle