Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Protecta

User

Default Protecta

I was offered a 12 gauge Protecta shotgun for free yesterday by my dad in law... if I can manage to get a license for it.

Does anyone know this shotgun well, and if it's a good deal(obviously not taking the fact that it's FREE into account ONLY),

User

Default Re: Protecta

I like them and want one! My brother in law has one - had it a long time now. Shot it quite a bit in theearly '90's. I found it easy to shoot, easily controlable and quite accurate. The draw back is the loading, round in, cycle, round in, cycle etc twelve times in total. I doubt there are many situations where you will need more than 12 rounds of 12ga though!

User

Thanks farmer-el! Unfortunately I couldn't get to oggle the thing last night as my boy's camp cot was right in front of the closet with the safe :-(

But yes, please do name any shortcomings, as this will be purely for home defense/tactical purposes.

User

Rather spend some money on something not completely crap.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Rather spend some money on something not completely crap.
    LOL. Its free.

And i fired one, it has no class or redeeming features other than its 12 shots of kaboom.

White bunny, if you have no intention of buying another shotgun and "clogging" your chances on you licence limits then its a deal.

If you want to use your permissable licences for other things, then think carefully.

I want a decent pump action in the future, so i would say no if it where offered to me. But you may be totally disinterested in shotguns so take it.

Phone Magnum magazine because Gregor woods did an article on it in about 1994, and you could get the back issue. The Magnum magazine staff are incredible that way.

You still have to pay for the licence.

Its got a really bad trigger, shit stock and once it's empty its a club.

Spend a grand and buy a pump action.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Tweety you probably wouldnt want a night of passion with me, even if it was free.

Free sdoesnt necessarily mean good.

No I'm not making an offer :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Tweety you probably wouldnt want a night of passion with me, even if it was free.

Free sdoesnt necessarily mean good.

No I'm not making an offer :)
    uuurgh. i just vomited.

I have one , devastating at close range. Inaccurate from 3 meters , heavy but at least it has sufficient weight to use as a really decent club once you've fired all 12 shots at the BG's , because you aint going to reload it under pressure. Also not someting you will carry around with you, so unless you religiously take it out the safe a bit useless. I've had mine for at least 15 years and it hasn't had 50 rounds through it.

User

Thanks guys... exactly why I posted the question here. I wouldn't say I have a passion as such for shotguns, but if it's only good for 12 shots due to difficulty reloading, inaccurate further than 3m, crap stock, etc etc etc I would rather spend my licenses(appropriately likened to currency since we're in SA) on something decent, once. I'm not waiting 1-3+ years for a license just to get rid of it afterwards and repeat the cycle :-)

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

... just because it's free... the hookers in Sunnyside might be alot cheaper than the ones in Sandton, but you do get what you pay for... or uhm, so I hear! :-o

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast